Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default I was interviewed for a blog about my fitness journey!

Hi ladies! I was recently interviewed by a blogger about my journey from frumpy to fit. Here's the link: www.notyouraveragefitnesstips.com It's on the home page as the 'Share Your Experience' post.

I started weight training in September '11 and haven't looked back since. It was, by far, the best decision I ever made! I feel like I've achieved the body I always wished I had but never had the willpower to get.

I hope the blog post inspires other women to incorporate strength training into their fitness routine as it's done wonders for me.

Last edited by fitmom; 11-22-2012 at 07:20 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #2  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Hey fitmom, long time no see. Congrats on the interview and on looking & feeling great!
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #3  
Better Posture

S/C/G: 145/125/glutes

Height: 5'6.5''

Hi fitmom! I absolutely loved your story. I have found the same principles to be true for me too. I changed the low calorie foods for food that properly feed my workouts and ditched the endless cardio for weight training and the results are that I love how I look, how healthy I feel, I no longer feel dizzy due to poor nutrition and overexercising oh and I weight more and I feel perfectly fine with a higher number on the scale. I have been faced now with the challenge of recovering from an old knee injury but I feel confident that I will recover with time and that I will continue with my journey to a healthier and even better version of me. I hope more people read your story and feel inspired.
carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #4  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Wow fitmom! Congratulations! I loved reading your story and your advice at the end was spot on (especially the first point IMO).

Like the poster above me I too hope your story inspire others!
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #5  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

You look like a professional. I mean, like a fitness model. I'm so impressed by your abs. What my own workouts & routine have given me is an appreciation of what it takes to look like that. That's dedication.

I still feel like I'd hold onto my cardio with my cold, dead hands -- but I had a large amount of weight to lose, over 100 pounds, and honestly, I'm thinking I could not have dropped that without the regular cardio routine. Whether it's necessary to maintenance is another question.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #6  

Thanks everyone!

sumire: I do feel great being in a healthier body. Much more energy than before. Congrats on the 50 lbs lost too!

carpediem: Yeah, I definitely was undereating and overdoing it on the exercise front. You need to properly fuel your body for your activity level. I keep a food journal now and it helps keep me on track.

SunnySide99: The advice near the end of the article was pretty spot-on. Everyone's different so results will vary from person to person but just find what works for you.

saef: Wow...a fitness model? Can't say I've ever heard that before but thanks for the awesome compliment! My abs are the result of mostly low-ish body fat and eating healthy about 80% of the time. I still cheat now and then but for the most part, I eat really good with an emphasis on protein. Cardio does seem to have that effect on most women, you just don't want to let go of it, lol. Congrats on the terrific weight loss!!

I'm currently doing The New Rules of Lifting for Abs program - phase 2. I absolutely love this program even moreso than the women's program. I can now do chin-ups and turkish get-ups which are a big component of this program. Due to this workout program and implementing the Leangains approach to Intermittent Fasting, I've also managed to drop from 18% to 16% body fat in the last couple of months. That's been a nice side effect besides getting stronger. Although I will say that I find maintenance a bit harder as it's easier to slack off especially with the holiday season here. You really have to keep at it. I feel such a sense of accomplishment over finally getting my health and vitality back. And to do this being slightly (ahem!) older and after having 2 children is really like the icing on the cake to me.

Last edited by fitmom; 12-04-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #7  

What an awesome opportunity! And your story was truly inspiring! Amazing work, glad you were able to share your story and we were all able to read!
Jentry07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentry07 View Post
What an awesome opportunity! And your story was truly inspiring! Amazing work, glad you were able to share your story and we were all able to read!
Jentry07: Thanks so much for the kind words! It was an amazing opportunity to tell my transformation story.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #9  
DolphinGirl

S/C/G: 200

Height: 5-10

Wow that awesome!
zihlman is offline   Reply With Quote