Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 08-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #1  
Warrior Princess

Question Looking for DVD recommendations

So far I have been loving Jillian Michaels but really want to start toying more with weights. I want to find a good DVD for either Kettelbell or 10-15p hand weight routines. I'm a noob. Any suggestions? I don't want online links, I like actual DVD's.

Thanks.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #2  

kettleworx has good kettlebell dvds. insanity does alot of things with your own body as resistance. p90x uses more props, i think. does jillians body revolution not use weights? do you have that one? i'm going to try that one.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5

The old Firm Classics are excellent DVDs--here's an example of an excerpt of one of my favorites. The settings and outfits are hokey--but the workouts are pretty effective. The newer Firm videos, not so much. They usually require a step and dumbells. These old videos are designed to be both aerobic and weight training.

The Tortoise w/ Tracy Long is much more beginner friendly. The actual workout is 1 hr total, including stretching and warmup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf-lAuHAV28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P89X8DWznxc

I'm going to check out Jillian Micheals--I've never seen one of her videos.
Stopfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/201.4/165

Height: 5' 8"

I just started Chalean Extreme, and love it!!!! Its all weights and is only about 35 mins or so. I have only been at it less than 3 weeks but already am stronger and can feel bigger muscles. Granted I still have about 35 lbs to lose to uncover my muscles but hopefully this will help get me there!!
briggsy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #5  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

briggsy13 - Chalean Extreme looks really good. Does it require a lot of items? I have 3, 5 and 12 lbs hand weights, resistance bands and a stepper at home.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote