3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   I am depressed! Will someone please help me? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/264471-i-am-depressed-will-someone-please-help-me.html)

Shireen 08-12-2012 07:46 PM

I am depressed! Will someone please help me?

Hello,
I am a new member of the forum and my name is shiren. Three months back I came across the 3fc while searching about weight training for girls and found your forum really helpful to those who have been strugling to lose weight for a long time before this i heard that Weight training will cause big, bulky muscles and make woman look masculine, but after reading few thread i got to know that the women can not get the muslince body with weight training because most women do not have the genetic potential to develop big muscles. so i started weight training without joining the forum. It's been a three months that i am doing weight training for 30 mints and 30 mintues cardio 6 days in a week, my dumble size is 5 pound and the problem is i hvn't lost even a single pound and my arm looks more big then before it maybe because of munching and i was'n very familier with diet plan i was eating the same food i was eating before i think i need a good diet plan to lose weight.

There are a few questions that need to be answered

1 :How many hours should I exercise per week to lose weight?
2 :what size of dumbles i need to lift in the begining?
3 :what diet plan and which calorie counter is best?
4 :How much protein we need to lose fat and gain muscle?
5 :What Happens If i Weight Train Everyday but do not Take Protein?
6 :Suggest me some good excercises for upper body area, flabby arms and back fat?

My height : 5,4
weight : 184 Pounds :(
Goal : 132 Pounds
want to lose 52 pounds

5yearscancerfree 08-12-2012 08:56 PM

I would talk to your doctor and have them recommend a good dietician/nutritionist who can help you with a diet plan. It is hard work to lose weight and get in shape and all of us struggle with finding the right method/amount, etc. I have found, for me, when I do something FUN I enjoy, I am more likely to stay steady on my weight loss. Keep up the good work and remember that you are doing something good for yourself!

Prim2012 08-12-2012 09:28 PM

Hi Shireen. My suggestions on where you might start:
1) Google "calorie calculator" to get an idea of how many calories you should eat to lose weight - target no more than 2 pounds per week. My guess is that you'll want to eat around 1400-1500 calories per week but this depends on your activity level and weight loss goal.
2) You will want to measure and record your food diligently. Yes, even the little cream you add to your coffee or the chewing gum. Most people underestimate the calories they eat and even being "off" 200 calories can prevent you from not losing weight.
3) Get your sleep and get your water intake. Make these part of your new healthy lifestyle.
4) Get some exercise but don't overdo it. You'll burn out and risk injury if you're new at this plus you'll see many threads on this site that correctly point out that exercise is more about fitness and looking good, not losing weight. A few hours in the gym per week will not make-up for a poor diet.
5) About the dumbbells. Five pounds is very light and won't yield much in terms of muscle gain or definition but it's a start. You'll find this level will be very easy after a few weeks and will want to add more. You want your weights to be heavy enough to cause fatigue (barely finish that last one) in 12 reps or less. As a beginner, focus on a mix of cardio and weights 45-60 minutes 2-4 days per week (depending on your fitness level and doctor's assessment). You can then tweak as you go depending on your weight loss progress.
6) This site offers a wealth of information. If you use the search feature, you will find a ton of weight loss tips and information so I encourage you to take advantage of all the advice here from people that know exactly what you're going though. I wish you the best with your weight loss journey!

DandelionCupcakes 08-12-2012 09:31 PM

<3

Welcome to the forum! :hug:

How many calories are you eating a day?
You can work out really hard and not see much result if you're not keeping a good look at what you're eating. That's if you decide to count calories, not everyone does.

I'll try to answer your questions. :]

1 :How many hours should I exercise per week to lose weight?
-I think this depends on what you're doing and at what intensity and how many calories you eat. Like I said you can work out a lot and not see much result if you're not changing what you eat.

2 :what size of dumbles i need to lift in the begining?
-This is hard to answer. I actually haven't found anyone who will answer this because no one knows what your strength level is. My thoughts are- pick a medium weight. Do 10-12 reps. If you feel you can easily do several more reps, up the weight by 5lbs. If you could barely finish the set or had to swing the weights to get them up, reduce your weight by 5 or more lbs for your next set.

3 :what diet plan and which calorie counter is best?
-Sparkpeople.com is my personal favorite. I dunno if there's one that's best necessarily,

4 :How much protein we need to lose fat and gain muscle?
-Don't quote me on this but I was told to do anything from 1g per pound of body mass to 2g per pound of body mass.

5 :What Happens If i Weight Train Everyday but do not Take Protein?
-I can't answer this :c I have a vague idea but I don't want to tell you something wrong. All I know is protein is your friend, and if you go the route of shakes there are some super delicious ones.

6 :Suggest me some good excercises for upper body area, flabby arms and back fat?
-The way I understand it is that you're going to lose weight wherever your body decides it comes off, once you lose a bit more you can target specific areas you want to tone. Perhaps just worrying about full body fitness is the best idea at the moment. Pick a plan that does good things for your whoooole body.

Shireen 08-13-2012 03:07 AM

Thank you so much everyone for the lovely and detailed replies.

shcirerf 08-21-2012 12:44 AM

http://jpfitness.com is a good forum for all kinds of workout and diet advice, along with what you see here!

I visit both on a regular basis!