Would I be over working my muscles if I did this?

• I have this DVD that is for Arms and Shoulder that is about 30 minutes long. So my thought is that if I did my pushup routine on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and then that DVD on Tuesday and Thursday with the weekend being rest days for that. Would this be over working my muscles or would this be a good thing to do?

Thanks, and I love this site because its the only one I can actually get answers from! (And the dancing carrot is awesome haha)
  • Do you have any plans for lower body work? It's best to give all your muscles a good workout!
  • I don't know what your push up routine is, but it is ESSENTIAL to take a day off between working muscle groups. True fact: muscles are built by recovering from lifting, not from the lifting itself. It's counterproductive to work the same muscles every day.

It's much more sensible to alternate upper and lower body days. Don't neglect your lower body: squats, deadlifts, and lunges are your friends!
  • I count the DVD and push up routine as "upper body" and do them on alternating days. Don't forget to mix in lower body stuff, too. Working your upper body every single day won't get you results faster.