cardio workout/strength training at home..Anyone

• have suggestions or advice?!

I really need to get my butt moving and exercising!

I dont have a gym membership.

Im at 280 right now..I need to lose at least 30 pounds...

I used to go to Curves. But it got boring...

Which dvds or exercises do you do at home?

I would love some suggestions...thanks
  • Cardio - go take a walk or run outside! Or you could do jumping jacks at home if you'd rather not go out.

Strength training - pushups, situps, lunges and squats are what I do. I also have free weights (10 and 15 pounders) that I got at Walmart for like ten bucks or something. In the last six months I've lost 40 pounds, all without a gym membership! It is definitely doable!
  • ^^ Ditto right there. I do have a gym membership, which is somewhat wasted on me... I walk/jog 10-12 a week outside (through the gym will be nice come winter). Walking is a GREAT exercise -- I've been told that fat burns quicker at moderately elevated heart rates -- get too high and you start burning through muscle instead. I also have a set of 12lb and 15lb dumbells for arm exercises(actually, I just bought one of each -- I never do exercises that use them both at the same time.) And I do modified "girl" pushups and upper and lower crunches.

I was NEVER an exerciser. Never ever ever. I started walking in Feb @230lb with short spurts of jogging - like for a minute or less at a time. ANd my pace for a mile was like 16-17min. In 6 months, I've worked my way to where I can jog for 30 minutes straight at a 10min mile pace. I don't say this to brag, but to convince you that your body will make AMAZING progress quickly. And I wasn't even that diligent about it -- I skipped weeks a few times. I am still amazed at how quickly my muscles and heart/lungs adapted! It can be done!!!