3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   Good Luck at the Crossfit Games Mel! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/238877-good-luck-crossfit-games-mel.html)

Lydia227 07-23-2011 12:42 PM

Good Luck at the Crossfit Games Mel!

Just wanted to send out my wishes of good luck to Mel. Mel is competing at the Crossfit Games next weekend in the Womens Masters division. So excited for you and wanted to let you know you have been on my mind all week. You are a totally awesome woman who sets that bar pretty darn high for the rest of us. ;) Can't wait to hear about your experience and don't trip over the jump rope walking out there or stub your toe on a plate somewhere. :lol3:

midwife 07-23-2011 01:03 PM

Woot! Go, Mel!!

silverbirch 07-23-2011 01:12 PM

Have a great time!

fitness4life 07-23-2011 01:52 PM

Wow! That is some accomplishment! Let us know how it went, Mel! And congrats...just getting there is something only 1% of the world can do. Pat yourself on the back just for that and now GO GET 'EM!

nelie 07-23-2011 02:07 PM

Go Mel!

jamsk8r 07-23-2011 04:15 PM

Get some, Mel! We'll be cheering for you!

Tejas 07-23-2011 05:10 PM

Yea, Mel.

I hope it is live-streamed and we can watch. Does anyone know if it will be?

Lydia227 07-23-2011 06:33 PM

http://games.crossfit.com/content/watch-live

This is the link to the live stream but I have no idea when/if we will be able to see our Ms. Mel. Just have to keep checking to see the schedule.

Ilene 07-24-2011 10:46 AM

:bravo: Mel ... Good luck :hug:

Tejas 07-30-2011 08:03 AM

What is Mel's number?

Tomato 08-01-2011 06:47 PM

I am probably too late, but GO MEL GO!!!!!!

Mel 08-02-2011 09:33 PM

Thanks everyone! It was an awesome experience. I wasn't awesome, but the games were.
WOD 1 on Friday was my favorite: Overhead Squats, push ups, and a shuttle run. 21, 15, 9 reps each round. I rocked it, moving from 19th place to 11th. Unfortunately, it was kind of downhill from there. Friday afternoon was a max push jerk in 4 minutes and I missed my second lift which I had made easily in practice (95 lbs) and got really rattled when I missed it the second and third times, then didn't have time to unrack and put smaller plates on. We hadn't practiced THAT part!

WOD 3 on Saturday morning had my next to worst nightmare, pull ups. I made it through but not happily. I think that was the only WOD where the judging was bad and I KNOW that I did about 10 more good pull ups than I needed to . There's video to prove it, but it is what it is.

WOD 4 on Saturday afternoon was a long chipper (ya just keep chipping away at it) and had my biggest nightmare, 30 toes to bar after 10 handstand push ups and 20 wall balls. I got through the handstand push ups easily, and the wall balls went OK, but somewhere around rep 20 of the toes to bar my hands ripped badly and I only managed another 7 before the time was up. Which put me in 18th place.

My goal was 15th or better, so I'm kind of disappointed- wow- if there had only been dead lifts instead of one of the gymnastic movements I would have been golden! But I went, I tried my hardest, and I came home one position higher than when I left. It was an amazing experience!

Mel

Mel 08-02-2011 09:37 PM

Cheryl- I met your box buddy Lisa and a few other women from your box. She has a picture of us! Fantastic women :)

Actually about 98% of the women (and men) who I met were fantastic. It was great to be with a huge group of people who were equally nuts :dizzy: and didn't ask why I had scars and scabs on my tibias because they all had the same scars and bruises :crazy:

Tejas 08-02-2011 10:30 PM

Thanks for your report, Mel. I loved watching you. Did you hear me yelling, cheering you on? If not, you're the only one who didn't :lol:

That toes to bar would kill me. Well, maybe not, because I just wouldn't be able to do even one.

It's wonderful to hear that you had fun.

Ilene 08-02-2011 10:38 PM

Mel, you are my hero!! Can you post the link to the video?