Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #1  
Mel

Default Happy October! - The BOOOOO Month

The candy has been in the stores for a while.....waiting for wet leaves to fall.

Happy October!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #2  
Workin' It

Wow. October already...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:57 AM   #3  

Hi all,
Yep. october, and it's dark as I type this.
I've been mia, as I noticed i was spending more time thinking of exercise on 3FC than actually exercising, so I'll be dropping in less often.

Easing into the habit again to get up in the dark and do my thing. Mostly yoga these days, but I'm planning to re-introduce the weights this week. Fall is creeping up on us...had a couple of wet days & I've been busy preparing the house fot winter. Cleaning the gutters, emptying the pool, yardwark etc.

Furthermore I'm still in this hormone thing: gained a lot of weight, have a lot of hot flushes, night sweats, the lot. Stil, it is a tad better than it was last month so I'm hoping I'll get over it soon.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 AM   #4  
Mel

Rabbit- hang in there. You'll get through this too.

I had a good weekend of workout s and foodwise, depsite company. Gearing up for a tough, short week before I leave for Arizona next Saturday. My DD is coming here for a working holiday From Tues night through Friday- she is at a conference in DC for 2 days, then has to be in NYC on Friday night, so it didn't make much sense for her to fly back to Columbus for 3 days. I hope she and I both WORK, and workout while she is here!

How is everyone?

Mel
Old 10-04-2010, 06:53 AM   #5  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Dark here too Rabbit. Winterizing doesn't sound like fun, but it has to be done. Fortunately, it's one of those things that once it's done, it doesn't have to be repeated till next year.

Noticed my neighbors are getting their fall things out...mine are in a box somewhere and I truly just don't have it in me. Blah.

After dinner grazing was a challenge last night. I should just go to bed at 9:00pm! Really, when you consider I get up at 5:00 it isn't that crazy of an idea.

Mel: Have a great visit with DD this week. Sounds like a very busy week of traveling for her.

Off to get the boys off for school. Make it a good one!
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh Rabbit, do I ever "hear you." Good luck!

For me, it's been mostly the same routine with adding in more walking now that we don't have triple digit temperatures. It's very pleasant to be outside.

I am doing more single leg squats and they certainly get my attention. I've also moved from modified push ups to the "real" ones. That's humbling. This is good for me, this good for me, this is good for me......

Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

Good work everyone. My exercise continues to be intermittent. We went to a hockey game Sat night, and forgot any padding for the metal bleachers. Needless to say I have some sore spots on my legs. Our local hockey arena has become the new home ice for our area's semi-pro team, the Alaska Avalanche. I hope it works out for the city. The other arena was not wanting to renew their lease/agreement because they were losing $$. But that's a bigger arena, part of a "sports center" and costs way more to run than our plain jane arena - we have ice, we have dressing rooms. Minimal snack bar.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #8  
Workin' It

Good morning everyone! I have finally recovered from my cold and am getting back into the exercise routine. Though I am now facing the start of almost two weeks of working out of a different location, 45 minutes away on a good traffic day (and there aren't a lot of good traffic days this way) so it may drop back off again until I'm back and settled.

Rabbit - good luck honey.

Rhonda - single legged squats are killer. I recently got back into my pistol squats and owza.

Pat- hope you had fun at the game even with the metal benches.

Lydia - Getting up at 5 you could definitely go to bed at 9! Though that might make you feel like you were missing part of the day, or at least it would me.

Mel - good luck this week!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #9  
Mel

Ugh, I caught Shannon's cold. Couldn't figure out why I was sooooo wiped out by yesterday's WOD. Really bad timing.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #10  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Hey guys!

I know I haven't been around, I was feeling discouraged and started giving up and just needed to take a step back. Then I came to the realization that I need a meal program to follow because I was failing miserably at setting one up for myself (and buying a box of 90 mini candy bars and thinking only my fiance would eat them was a HORRIBLE idea)

So I'm on a new eating plan, I've dropped a ton of weight quickly from it and I'm just waiting for it to slow down so I can ease back into lifting. I don't want to lose my definition! Especially when I'm 12 lbs from goal and this is where it matters most.

I just wanted to say hi to you guys I've been in other parts of the forum, just not here because I felt bad for not lifting.

Man is it getting dark out! It's nice and brisk and it feels like fall but there's still some nice sunshine. At least the rain is holding off for a few days because it will be months straight soon.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #11  
Mel

Hi Stephanie- don't be shy about stepping back once in a while. Come here whenever you want- whether you are a lifting maniac or just thinking about getting back in the groove. You're right- NOW, when you are getting so close to goal is when you'' really see the difference that lifting makes. Your body will love you for it

I finally broke my 100 pd sticking point on cleans and pulled 5 CLEAN cleans at 105 pounds I'm aiming for body weight, and that is...um...a bit away, but I remember being totally psyched out by 85 pounds for a few months, so maybe I'll get there yet.

Last day at work tomorrow before I spend a day frantically packing, then off for a whole week

Hope it is drier where you all all. We are drowning here in southeastern PA!

Mel
Old 10-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #12  

Hi all,

Thanks for all the good vibes re: the menopaue hormones thing. I'm sure I'll figure this one out too, just have to get over this hump. Actually, I'm doing a lot better compared to august already.

I managed to do 5 days out of 7 with the workouts: yoga, biking to work, brought back some lifting, and this morning I moved another 2 m3 of firewood into my carport so I can get it witour getting wet.

We are very lucky with the weater , it has been marvellous these past week, so I did manage to get most of my winterizing stuff done.

Lydia: ? What do you mean your neighbors are getting out fall things? A rake for the leaves is all I can come up with. Oh, and 2 m3 of firewood of course. BTW I saw the post of mr Lydia....we did agree already that the he is a keeper, right? How are you doing in the new home?

to all of you,

Oh, and the "lets yoga" game on the nitendo is getting me more bendy! But I still am envious of Silverbirch. Everytime I do "downward dog" I think "silver can do this with her heels on thw ground" and I cannot. But I keep trying.

Have a great weekend all,

Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #13  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rabbit View Post
this morning I moved another 2 m3 of firewood into my carport so I can get it witour getting wet.
As you know, firewood is one of the motifs of my life, as lived at present, so I'm just delighted about this, rabbit. Many congratulations.

Quote:
Oh, and the "lets yoga" game on the nitendo is getting me more bendy! But I still am envious of Silverbirch. Everytime I do "downward dog" I think "silver can do this with her heels on thw ground" and I cannot. But I keep trying.
Very pleased about your increasing bendiness. What I did was take note where it was pulling (my calves) and worked on them separately. I also changed my hand and foot positions around a bit, and wiggled my hips. And all became groovy!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

from Albuquerque NM where I'm watching hot air balloons and visiting family.

No exercise except walking, and way too much NM food, but it's temporary.

If you've never been to the Balloon Fiesta, put in on your "bucket list." I've been numerous times and the joy is still there...just an amazing event.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #15  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Rabbit: Getting out the Fall Things...I really mean getting out the Halloween decorations. I've got enough stuff to decorate the outside and inside of the house...ceramic pumpkin plates, mugs, porch/yard decorations, orange lights...etc. I used to host a neighborhood party, kids and adults, for three hours prior to Trick or Treat night. Great fun.

As far as other "Fall Things" I've been pretty focused on cleaning out the beds in the backyard. They've been neglected for years. All you could see were overgrown azelea bushes. I found some perennial shade plants that are looking very sad but they are still there. I cleared out all the overgrown grass and the bed looks amazing. I have about five more to do yet and the first one took me about six hours. I got a feeling I'm going to learn a lot about shade gardening in the next few seasons.

Steph: Don't worry about it! Seriously, we all go through phases when we need to regenerate before we can get back into the gym. Seriously. We really do. This is a lifestyle, not a race to a finish. It ebbs and flows. So tell me about this new eating plan. Sigh. I really need to clean up my act after this past week. It could have been worse but it was far from my norm.

Mel: Hope you are enjoying a great weekend and that your visit with your daughter was wonderful.

Rhonda: Bucket List: Balloon Fiesta, got it.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote