Wt Lifter Food/Exercise Accountability 5/4-5/10

• Hello!

Well, the weekend was really bad food-wise. The scale showed it. Only one thing to do---get back on the horse.

Thanks for the tips re:cc/pudding. I look forward to experimenting!

Today:

3 mile run--done
    kashi w/skim, protein shake
    salad with cc, turkey sandwich
    cc/pudding stuff
    pork chop, zucchini
    1 hr weights
    protein shake
  • Today was a rest day

Today's food:

Meal 1: 6 oz chicken breast, 2 cups mushrooms, extra fish oil to make up for lack of good fats.

Meals 2 and 3 (1/2 recipe each meal): 3 bags frozen vegetables, 6oz buffalo chicken sausage, 1/2 cup rogan josh curry.

Meal 4: The usual turkey roll up.

3 cups of coffee with sf french vanilla coffeemate.
  • 1. oatmeal eggwhites
    2. yogurt, bran, pp
    3. club sandwich, we went to the restaurant, no fries, it had 3 slices of ww bread, chicken breast at least 5oz, tomato and lettuce a bit of mayo...
    45 min run
    4. oatmeal and raisins
    30 min run, some weigts, I started working out with a woman I'm helping her train
    5. 4oz pork, salad, flax oil, 1/2c rice.

I'm pooped tonight!!
  • My weightlifting last night kicked my rear!!

Today:

3.5 mile run
    kashi with skim, strawberries, protein shake
    turkey, fruit
    pbj sandwich, cc
    spinach, salmon
    dinner will be at a pizza restaurant--I'll get a mixed green salad with chicken and bleu cheese....no cake (it's a team celebration)
    protein shake before bed
  • Well, I did okay yesterday. Had the salad as planned for dinner and then I did have a piece of cake. But I am happy that I did not eat a whole bunch of cake the way I usually do with sweets. Overall I consider it a success.

Today:

slept an extra hr vs getting up to run. Usually it is not worth it, but today it was. Sometimes I just need more sleep.
    kashi, skim, strawberries, protein shake
    cc/berries
    turkey sandwich, bell pepper strips
    spinach, tuna, tomatoes, a little italian dressing
    hamburger patty with veggies
    1 hr weights
    protein shake
  • Felt kind of burnt out this morning and really had to talk myself into working out today. Strange in that I just had a rest day on Monday and have been doing a 3 on 1 off 2 on 1 off schedule instead of my normal 3 on 1 off 3 on 1 off rotation this cycle. Perhaps I'm getting too much rest and am getting lazy?

Anyway just as strange (well not really since this often seems true at least for me) is that after I got started, the workout ended up being a very good one.

Exercise:

Warmup: (1 set of 10 each)
    Shoulder dislocates
    T-spine rotation
    Bird dogs
    Reverse crunch
    Burpees
    Prying
    Side to Side leg swings
    KB SDHP
    KB swings
    medball cleans
    lateral lunges

Strength:
    Overhead Press
    3 warmup sets @ 40, 50, and 60% of 1RM then 1x3 @80%, 1x3@85%, 1xas many reps as possible (4)@90%

Circuit: 3 rounds (rest only when needed)
    Pullups x 10
    Plank circuit (45 seconds each front, right, front, left, front)
    Pushups (20, 15, 10)

Yes, doing pushups after a plank circuit with no rest does suck!

Food:
    Meal 1: 2 eggs, italian style chicken sausage, 20 asparagus spears.

Meals 2 and 3 (1/2 recipe each meal): 8 oz chicken breast, 3 bags stir fry veggies, 1/2 cup tiki masala curry sauce.

Meal 4: The usual turkey roll up. Still haven't gotten tired of these and actually look forward to this meal the most. Wish I knew how good guacamole was earlier!

3 cups of coffee with sf french vanilla coffee mate throughout the day.
  • Sometimes I have to talk myself into running, Depalma. Those runs tend to be very satisfying.

Back under my red line!

Today:
    3 miles, speed work
    2 eggs, english muffin, 1 slice cheese, protein shake
    cc/berries/walnuts
    turkey sandwich, bell pepper strips
    spinach with some sort of protein and fat added
    dinner??
  • Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I decided to play around a bit and did some snatch balances and drop snatches with not much more than an unloaded bar and some dumbell snatches. Then did 5 miles as fast as possible on the stationary bike. Not a long workout but got my heart rate up there quite a bit.

Food was good.

Meal 1: 8 oz 96% lean ground beef

Meals 2 and 3 (1/2 of total recipe each meal): 8oz turkey breast cutlets, 3 bags frozen stiry fry vegetables, 1 cup of homemade chinese style sauce concoction.

Meal 4: Turkey/guacamole rollup.

Meal 5: Cottage cheese with canned pumpkin and cinnamon.
  • I guac, too!

Today:
    kashi, skim, protein shake
    cc/berries
    beans, eggs, spinach
    turkey, fruit
    ground turkey, veggies
    1 hr weights
    a nice long run today---goal 1 hr or 6.5 miles
  • Mmmm, guac My DH refuses to eat avocado in any form, so they're mine, all mine!

I'm with Fran on the new challenge starting Monday, so I might as well start being accountible.

Cheerios, skim milk, walnuts, banana, ww toast
    ff latte
    shrimp salad (huge), lf sesame dressing
    cottage cheese, banana (they're going by very fast)
    leftover ww rotini, tomato sauce w/spinach in it, turkey meatball
  • Food yesterday was so-so. Quality wise it was on point but perhaps a bit too much.

Meal 1: 8 oz 96% lean ground beef, 2 cups mushrooms

Meal 2 (1/2 of total recipe): 8oz turkey breast cutlet, 3 bags of stir-fry veggies, 1/2 cup mango chicken curry sauce

Meal 3: 2 cups of non-fat Greek Yogurt with SF Chocolate Fudge Jello Pudding mix.

Meal 4: Other half of turkey and vegetable curry

Meal 5: Turkey rollup

Meal 6: Another Turkey rollup

Meal 7: 2 cups of Greek Yogurt with SF butterscotch Jello pudding mix

Exercise:
    With my pullup goals met, I am tweaking my program. A few things I've learned over the past 6 weeks of workouts, was that a) I like the 5-3-1 method and will continue to incorporate parts of it into my programs. b) I like/need to squat more c) the circuits with no rest at the bottom have shown me that I like/need more metabolic conditioning type work in my programs. I have been so strength-centric in my training over the past year. So, inspired by Cheryl's Crossfit workouts, I think I'm going to start doing the CrossFit warmup (as laid out in Coach Glassman's "A Better Warmup" before my strength portion and include a CrossFit or CrossFit style MetCon at the end. Sort of my own version of CrossFit Strength Bias.

Warmup: 3 rounds
    Samson Stretch
    Overhead Squat
    Situps (incline)
    Good Mornings (subbed for back extensions)
    Pullups
    Dips

Strength:
    Bench Press
    3 warmup sets of 5 at 40%, 50%, and 60% then 1x5 @75%, 1x3%85%, and 1x1 @95%.

Conditioning:
    CrossFit "Grace": 30 Clean and Jerk for time
  • Back on track with food today:

Meal 1: 6 oz buffalo chicken sausage, 20 asparagus spears

Meals 2 and 3 (1/2 recipe each meal); 8oz chicken breast, 3 bags stir fry vegetables, 1/2 cup of rogan josh curry sauce.

Meal 4: 2 servings of turkey pepperoni

Meal 5: Turkey rollup

Exercise:

Samson Stretch
    Overhead Squat x10
    Incline Situps x10
    Good Mornings x10
    Pullups x10
    Dips x10

Strength:
    Back Squat: 3x5 (warmups), then 10x2

Conditioning:
    4 rounds for time of 1.5 mile stationary bike

The CrossFit main site WOD today was 4 rounds of 800m run for time, but the amount of running I did last month started to develop lateral knee pain in my left knee, so I subbed the bike and figured about 3 times the distance would be a fair subsititution.
  • Today is a rest day.
    kashi, skim, protein shake
    cc, berries, walnuts
    salad with a carb & protein
    tuna, veggies
  • Today was POP

Food:

Meal 1: 6oz Italian Chicken Sausage, 2 cups mushrooms

Meals 2 and 3 (1/2 recipe each meal): 8oz chicken breast, 3 bags stir fry vegetables, 1/2 cup mango chicken curry sauce.

Meal 4: Turkey roll-up

3 cups of coffee with SF french vanilla coffeemate throughout the day.

Exercise:

Samson Stretch
    Overhead Squat x10
    Incline situpx10
    Good Morningsx10
    Pullupsx10
    Dipsx10

Strength:
    Trap Bar Deadlift
    3 warmup sets of 5 at 40%, 50%, and 60% then 1x5 @75%, 1x3%85%, and 1x1 @95%.

Conditioning:
    Kettlebell Swings on the minute. 15 swings at the top of the minute. Rest for the remainder of the minute. 10 minutes total. Works out to about a 1:1 work, rest ratio.