ugh! sick & weight lifting.....

• UGH!!!!!!

I was SOO excited after I got several different beginner's weight resistance workouts from my trainer at the gym. - then went out & bought the paperback copy of "new rules for lifting for women."

THENNNNN..... I got sick

I've been officially sick since wednesday. First, it was a sore throat... now it's progressing to a sore throat/stuffy nose.

I'm irritated because the only kind of exercise I've been able to continue doing is cardio while I've been sick, since after an hour of cardio exercise, I just go straight back to bed

I'm hoping I can get back to resistance training soon. It just sucks I have to wait, ugh.

~ tea
  • Bah... that sucks!

Just give your body some rest so it has time to heal/regenerate. You will be back to weight lifting in no time at all!
  • Tea - you need to take a few days off!!! You need to conserve that energy to heal yourself!!

~Choirgirl~
  • Hi Tea,

Hope your feeling better this morning. I really hate it when that happens to me too. In the meantime, go ahead and look at some youtube videos of the lifts your trainer gave you. This will allow you to mentally rehearse good form and maybe pick up some more tips on executing the lifts.