Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 04-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #31  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

The woman who walks for 10 minutes at 2mp on the treadmill, and then wipes it off as if it were going out of style. The same woman who uses the weights machines, does the exercises wrong (which is pretty hard to do, but she manages), does 5-6 reps and then frantically wipes and sprays. The same woman again, who 90% of her work out is weights because "you really don't need cardio. Weights burn more calories, so cardio is pointless".

-The guy who lifts everything he can and lets everyone know about by shouting in pain and counting. "1....AHHHHHHHHHHH.....2.....AHHHHHHHH"

-The guy who hoards everything he needs for the hour. Umm Can I use that? Since it's just sitting on the floor? Oh yeah, you can't hear me because your music is too loud

-The guy who runs and sweats all over his work clothes. Why not bring something to change into?

-The snobs that are already fit and need to make you feel inferrior because you are not. But it doesn't get me down.
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #32  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bee View Post
I have spent a LOT of time in gym change rooms and have NEVER witnessed that behaviour with the hair dryers! Plus I think it's just weird - towel drying doesn't do enough for their pubic hair??
LMAO. Especially about the comment of "towel drying doesn't do enough for you?"
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #33  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat View Post
Oh, it's gotta people who don't wipe things down. Now if you you're doing a 5-10 min warm up and don't drip sweat all over, I'm not too bad, but we religiously have one guy who sweats through all his gym clothes, and then, not only does he not wipe off his treadmill, he goes and uses a stability ball and doesn't wipe that - ewwww! The perfume one gets me too - usually the gals on the treadmill about 2 mph, reading a magazine. And - though they never break a sweat - they never fail to wipe down the machine.
I agree about the perfume, but don't be so quick to knock people who read magazines and don't go super fast! I do hard workouts sometimes, but when I have a magazine or a book to read, I often go to the gym to read instead of just laying around at home - even a light walk while reading burns more calories than nothing!
Rowenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 270/157/160

Tony Gentilcore's blog post on a similar topic

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/en...t-guy-or-girl/
Depalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #35  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Okay, I will admit to only having seen the dryer thing ONE time. Just to be clear, it was the wall attached dryer that was being used for the purpose--the hand dryer thingy. It was so vividly disgusting, it isn't a site I will likely ever forget. I no longer have a gym membership for so many of the reasons listed here.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Okay, I will admit to only having seen the dryer thing ONE time. Just to be clear, it was the wall attached dryer that was being used for the purpose--the hand dryer thingy. It was so vividly disgusting, it isn't a site I will likely ever forget. I no longer have a gym membership for so many of the reasons listed here.
Lord, once was enough for that.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #37  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Angry Ooh, I thought of another pet peeve . . .

4. When swimmers don't recognize that they're wet - - yes, I really think they don't realize they're wet - - and they spread their soaked towel, sopping wet swimsuit and wet selves on the benches in the locker, making it impossible for me to sit down or place my belongings on a dry surface.
One Fluffy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:27 AM   #38  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

i already posted this in EXERCISE place here ... but here is my only pet peeve :

when you have been runnin hard and loooong on a treadmill and you are all sweatty, the old woman comes and turns the fan off because she wants to get on a near-to-you machiene and do 1.5 miles per hour walk. .... and you realize its probably 100F in the gym and you cant run anymore... or do anything anymore... and you cant even say anyhthing because you are out of breath... and when you are ready to say something she is just ignoring you.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:03 AM   #39  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2 View Post
I go to a centre with lots of various fitness things & the ladies locker room clearly has signs that say "children under 12 are to be in the family faciliies" & almost everytime I go there are lots of little kids screaming etc & their mom "over talking in baby talk" to them. Drives me crazy - really, you cannot miss the sign & they just ignore them. Very rude!
I had the same exact problem when I used to go to the gym. There was a clear sign on the locker room door that said something along the lines of using the family locker room if you have children under 12, especially boys. Of course people didn't listen, and I'd see boys in there. They enjoyed staring; it was very creepy. I usually had to go in the 18 and older area, but that usually didn't help because the elderly women loved having conversations in the nude. Well, I give them kudos for being that comfortable at least.
Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 161/157/135

Height: 5'5.5"

All I have to say is: Wow, are you guys making me appreciate my gym a LOT. I'm just stunned at some of this behavior. People can just be pigs, I guess.

Re: the really light handweight thing: yeah, it's in vogue again. <rolls eyes> Do a Google search on "Tracy Anderson" -- she's a trainer who's tight with Gwyneth Paltrow, has been on Oprah's show, etc. and she spreads the gospel that women should never ever lift anything heavier than a 3-lb. weight. Which fits in very nicely with our lifestyle of 3-lb. babies and 3-lb. bags of groceries, I guess.
Dianeofnka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #41  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I don't know if I'd mind if someone was blow drying their public hair on a stationary dryer. LoL. I would be embarrassed for their lack of awareness or care, but I would probably laugh hysterically and wonder off.

This is what drives me crazy:

People who turn fans in your area without checking with others first. I hate fans and it is a huge killer for me.

The dude who works on the elliptical and yaps on his cell phone for the entire time about a TV show him and the other person on the phone are watching at the same time. -_-...Which is "I love money."

People who don't clean their equipment after use.

People who stare. I hope my *ss bounces them into a concussion.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #42  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Did I mention people who sing out loud with their IPODS while listening to the song you hate the most?
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #43  
Breathe the pressure

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5' 9"

I have a new one! The steam room says you must be 16 years old or older to use it. Some woman brought her 4 or 5 year old in there and of course she did what all kids do at that age...climb all over the place! The room is small and the floors and steps where you sit are slippery from the water and the mother didn't even bother to tell her kid to sit down at least. I hate ratting people out but the steam room is not a safe place for a young kid to be running around so I let management know and walked out.
GypsyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 255/230/150

Height: 5'2"

I used the steam room for my first (and last time). There was a woman who came in wearing her panties and bra. She began using some sponge thing to exfoliate. Then she proceeded to strip naked. Walked over in front of me and held the door open (letting steam out and cold air in) yelling to another lady. Then she turned to ask me something about the temp while "exfoliating" her breasts. I said "excuse me" and bolted out of there. Ugh.

Later I saw her wearing regular clothing in the pool.
Razorcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 160/144/130

Height: 5'3

yuck, nakedness is an overall pet peeve in locker rooms.

I HAD to laugh at all the swimmer comments, takes me back to my youth in the Y locker room..... having soap fights in the showers!

I hate the meatheads that look at you like you are crazy for entering their scared free weight room. I wish my gym had a women's free weight section.

Last edited by nbrown7384; 04-23-2009 at 01:03 AM.
nbrown7384 is offline   Reply With Quote