Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:24 AM   #16  

Hi,

Yesterday evening ended in a disastrous shouting match with DS. A lot of tension & stress getting vented. We made up and today we are even more on edge as it is the actual day of the operation. I keep reminding that nothing can or willgo wrong with a healthy 16 yr old boy having a knee operation, but it still scares us of course. Thanks for all the support.

Today:
UBWO, my arms are sore from typing.

m1: yoghurt & stuff
m2: cheese sandwich
m3: yoghurt + pp (pack in my purse) in the hospital
m4: musli bar & banana, pck to the hospital
m5: ????? have to get some in the cafetaria
m6: planned for when I am home with DD again. no idea yet.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #17  
No description available.

I'll be praying for you guys today Rabbit.

Today: 3.5 mile run at a little under 10 min/mile pace.

Food:
ww english mufffin, 2 eggs, sugar free jam
cc w/blueberries
turkey sandwich, fruit
bell pepper strips, turkey slices
protein shake
protein, veggies
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #18  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
Dinner evolved into ground turkey with black beans, lettuce, salsa, and sm amt cheese and roasted zucchini and red bell peppers
Midwife/Jen - Knowing how some of your meals go, can I assume that this is all mixed together, like a taco salad? Sounds delish, and something I'll make while DH is away. He doesn't like anything that sounds/looks/tastes like Mexican food. Good thing I have GFs to go out with who do like it.

Ilene - Nice new avatar. I've been thinking I need a new one. That fox is cute, but I've had him awhile.

B - cheerios, walnuts, blueberries, skim milk; 1/2 apple; ww toast;
S - ff latte
L - wrap with refried beans, avocado, lettuce, roasted red peppers
S - cottage cheese, strawberries
D - depends. If it snows (forecast for 2-5") I'll have leftovers at home. If not, I'm eating out with the same GFs who like Mexican....
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #19  

Hi BFLL,

I'm back from the hospital. The surgery went OK and DS will be home tomorrow or saturday.
I stayed POP in the hospital foodwise, but I lapsed when I got home

m2: half cheese sandwich
m3: yoghurt + pp (pack in my purse) in the hospital
m4: banana + half sandwich, pck to the hospital
m5: bowl of fish soup in the hospital cafetaria
m6: big salad with about everything I had in the fridge plus 1 glass of wine

apart from the wine and the stuff on the salad I stuck to the plan OK. It was really really well that I had packed my food to take it with me, or this could have ended much worse. I was in the hospital from 12.15 till 20.00. Tomorrow I'll be there again and I'll pack my food again.

Midwife - thanks for the prayers.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
Old 02-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #20  

Glad he's fine, rabbit! Glad you made it through ok too.

Yep, Pat, it was all mixed together. DD has commented on the fact I eat most of my meals out of bowls these days.

Last edited by midwife; 02-05-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #21  
Working My Way Back Down

Do you cook the turkey alone? With the beans? I love the combo of warm and cold food together in a mix like that.

Rabbit - glad to hear all went well. Hope DS does as well as my 80 year old friend who is hmmm, 2.5 weeks post-op from her second knee replacement in a year. They did the worst one first, and she had a lot of rehab. This one is already much easier.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #22  
Ilene the Bean

Thanks Pat, it's fresh off the press as of this morning...

Rabbit, glad everything went well too ... and I think you did exceptionally well considering the circumstances

1. oatmeal, eggwhites
2. cc, yogurt, bran, flax
3. same as one, it's my new favourite meal, supper easy and mindless to prepare
4. apple
5. venison spaghetti sauce, 1/2 c. pasta, bread, shredded cabbage... cabbage is my new fav too, I shredded, nuke it and use it instead of a lot of pasta...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

midwife, just wanted to add that I also love eating out of bowls with everything mixed like that
Old 02-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #24  

It's so simple I'm a little embarrassed. I brown my turkey, sometimes with garlic, sometimes not, in a little olive oil, throw in red chile powder or not, open a can of beans (or two) and drain them and add them and heat them through and sometimes I'll add red chile sauce or salsa or green chile sauce or rotel....It's always different.

I assemble my bowls thusly:

veggies
meat/sauce/salsa/bean mixture
a smidge of shredded cheese or avocado or chopped onions
lettuce, chopped tomatoes

Sometimes I'll crumble a tortilla chip or two on the top. I could eat that every night.

Hmmm, perhaps I will have olives tonight and mix things up a bit!

PS I love the new avatar, Ilene! I would like you instantly on sight if I ever met you. What a wonderful smile!

Last edited by midwife; 02-05-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #25  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
PS I love the new avatar, Ilene! I would like you instantly on sight if I ever met you. What a wonderful smile!
Well, isn't that sweet of you ....
Old 02-06-2009, 02:04 AM   #26  
Working My Way Back Down

Ah, Midwife, wonder if DH would go for that! I really will make something like this while he's gone. I often warm up black beans and put them on a plate of lettuce and chopped cabbage, add some tomatoes, avocado, top with lf sour cream and salsa. Mmmm. The warm beans make the sour cream all runny and mixes with the salsa. I have periods where I eat this for lunch every day. The girls at work laugh at me - takes awhile to assemble!

Today's eating was okay, given that it didn't snow, so it ended up 5 of us at dinner at a local Greek/Italian place. I had 1/2 a calzone, and left most of the crust. The inside was yummy. I hadn't had my afternoon snack as I wasn't starving and didn't notice I hadn't eaten it til after 4, so I didn't as dinner was at 5:15 ish. Back on the clean food wagon tomorrow. Good night.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #27  

I love black beans and your lunch sounds great!

Is it really Friday already?

Today:
kashi cereal, skim milk, hardboiled egg whites
cottage cheese, blueberries, pecans
leftover ground turkey, broccoli, small baked potato
hardboiled egg, pear, laughing cow
dinner? protein/veggies
1 hr weights
protein shake

scale today 152.5

My goal is not to blow it this weekend. A "free" day will bop me back up to 155 by Monday. If I can white knuckle it through and avoid sodium and desserts, maybe I can start next week at 152.5 and see 150 by the end of the week!

DH and I have a date night Saturday and even good choices at restaurants are fraught with salt and hidden calories. Hmmmmm......I'd rather see 150 on the scale than have dessert or popcorn.....
Old 02-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #28  

Hi BFLL,

2nd hospital day for me today and I more or less stuck to the plan. I got to take DS home at 3 pm today and we are all very glad to have him bak. I bought pizza kebab for him and lamb chops wtith fries for DS at a mediterraenean restaurant, but I'm having tortilla pizza myself.

so here is the score:
Itreadmill 25 mins HIIT was sceduled today but I did not do it because I was eager to go to the hospital. Instead I walked in the mall for 1.5 hours to avoid when XH was visiting DS. And, major victory, i did NOT go into a shop for coffee & pie, or for a nice lunch, altough I was very much tempted.

m2: half cheese sandwich
m3: yoghurt, OJ, pp
m4: (home !!!) grilled chesse sandwich, tomato soup
m5: cc with cherries
m6: tortilla pizza: I spread a tortilla with tomatopaste, put ham, garlic, onion, artichocke & grated mozerella on top & bake in the oven for 12 inutes. The result is like a pizza with wafer thin crust, I like it better than regular pizza.
Cheat: 1 glass wine to celebrate.

midwife: I eat out of a bowl a lot too. The meal you describe sounds like something I could eat often. I'm definitely going to try that.

I am going to zonk out and veg on the couch. I do not plan a free day for the weekend, but I'll probabely skip the exercise because I'll be DIY and cleaning. I might go for a free meal.

Have a great weekend all, and thanks a lot for the support.
Ilene - thanks for the compiment. I actually did much better these days than i thought. The fact that I planned and had prepared my food somehow made an enormous difference.

Rabbit
Old 02-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #29  
Working My Way Back Down

Glad to hear that DS is home and doing well Rabbit. Your avoidance of XH is much like what my mother did when my Dad would visit me and my sister after they were divorced. She could not stand even to see him. It did get better and they were both at both our weddings, and behaved like rational adults.

Ate out last night with 4 GFs before our quilt guild monthly meeting. I ordered a calzone, filled with veggies, marinara sauce and some cheese. I immediately cut it in half and boxed that half. I enjoyed the company and mostly at the insides of the remaining half. I think I did fine all in all. I hadn't eaten my afternoon snack because I didn't even think about it til after 4, and then it was too close to dinner. Beverage of the evening was water! The waitress there knows us, and just brings a pitcher of water automatically!

I'm having my free meal tomorrow night as DH and I are going out for our anniversary (which was 1/22) before I take him to the airport for a 1 am flight. We haven't decided where to go, though Japanese is leading the list right now. After dinner we'll go to a movie, or maybe square dancing. Aren't we exciting? I'm a little worried about staying on track while he's gone. Even though he never says anything if I stray, I sort of feel like there's someone to keep me accountable when he's home - kwim? I'm planning to do my planning as usual on Sunday.

Today:
B - cheerios with blueberries, walnuts, skim milk; ww toast;
S - apple, cheese
L - other half of calzone - insides with jsut a taste of crust - salad
S - cottage cheese and strawberries
D - leftover salmon in some form, veggies, starch...

Ex: active rest, i.e. square dancing
Old 02-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #30  
Ilene the Bean

eggwhites, oatmeal
cc yogurt flax bran
spaghetti and sauce
protein oatmeal
run
not sure yet