Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 12:06 PM   #31  

Default Need some help

This is my second week and I had a really good first week - don't if its the change in time or weather - but I feeling really good!

Now I need some help - some friends want to get together tonight to celebrate my daughters birthday and they have chosen a chines restaurant. This restaurtant has a buffet type bar that you pick out your meat - which is uncooked and add some veggies and they will stir fry it will you wait - would this be an okay choice I should I just go to socialize and eat when I get home.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Susan E.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:56 PM   #32  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Hi Blastit!

YUM! That sounds like Benihana's which is one of my favorite restaurants (only I like the drinks too...so more of a Free Day place...except Jim doesn't care for it all that much).

If they let you pick out your meat and prepare it at the table to your specs, then you should have no problem selecting something clean - like some chicken, shrimp, or REALLY lean beef...and load on those veggies, girl!

I'd skip the rice unless it was brown...however they might have another carb choice, like some fresh-cut fruit. Despite the list in the book, just about any fruit you can think of is okay on BFL (as well as veggies - just remember that some 'vegetables' should be counted as carbs - such as winter squash, yams, corn, etc.).

If there's no other choice, then select steamed white rice - make sure it's a fist-size portion though...you should be able to eyeball it. I know Tall Jen (TJ) at L&S eats white rice on occasion - I wouldn't make a habit of it though...

Susanje - I'm actually thinking about getting some PowerBlocks for the very same reason (so hubby can work out). Jim has actually started going to the gym here at work!!! He's planning on going three times a week. I keep him posted about all the goings-on at L&S and I do have some email correspondence with some of the folks there - Robb P is one of them. He has made an AMAZING transformation into a real hottie Jim saw his 'then and now' pix and I think he's FINALLY starting to get a little teeny spark of inspiration. (He's more interested in L&S since there are no guys here at 3FC except for the occasional visitor). Of course, he's just working the muscles HE wants to work - biceps, triceps, and chest - and just using the machines. As soon as we get our finances in order (love the marriage penalty - NOT!) I might look into getting the set that goes up to 60# and a bench, so he doesn't have to go anywhere to work out (no excuses!).

Later all!
Old 04-11-2002, 01:13 PM   #33  

Default Thank You!

MrsJim - thanks for the input - they do have fresh fruit such as melon, bananas, organges etc. I resisted free lunch at work - they grilled out hamburgers and hotdogs - but I ate my baked potato, green beans and I made a crock pot chicken dish I found on the L&S board - it was delcious! I also resisted pizza and birthday cake yesterday - and that helped me feel great -although I have to admit I froze a piece to have on my free day. I also want to add that you are real inspiration. Your transformation pictures are definitely worth thousands of words.

I bought the L-gultemine - been taking that this week and I really trying to push my muscles to their limits. When the clock goes off in the mornings I am actually looking forward to working out. Going to change my cardio routine some tomorrow I feel as though I need to kick it up a notch.

Thanks to everyone on here who post daily - it's big help to me.

Susan E.
Old 04-11-2002, 02:26 PM   #34  

Hey Susanje - I totally forgot about the loss behind my knees - that in itself is worth the 12 weeks!

I tried 2 new foods - (cover your ears Carps - I know you can't get them where you are) last night I made a myoplex light pudding with Cappuccino Ice and chocolate pudding - OMG!!! It was soo delicious! Today I tried a yam (sweet potatoe?) for the very first time (don't laugh) - I am hooked! It was sooo delicious. I only bought one to try but looks like I'm gonna hafta get more of those wonderful things!

It's amazing the foods that are out there besides - dare I say bread?

Have a good one everyone!
Closed Thread