Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Home Gym: Power Tower?

As you all know by now, I'm setting up a home gym. I'm coming across all kinds of equipment on Craig's List that intrigues me. I have limited space.

I'm currently doing NROLW and after this I may try Crossfit. I want to continue strength training, no matter how what program I end up using. I want to do free weights and body weight work.

So my question: Do you think a power tower is a good addition to a home gym?

I really want the pull-up bar, but my house if a strange old concrete structure and I don't think the walls or doorframes will support a pull-up bar that's attached with screws. So I started thinking power tower.

Do you have one? Do you use it? Is it worth the space?

Thanks!
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/157/160

Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing.

By Power Tower, we are talking about a combined pullup/dip/Vertical Knee Raise station right? If so, yes, they are a great addition to a home gym. I'd love one myself, but all the ones I see are too tall for my low ceiling home gym. If you can get one with pushup handles at the base, even better but certainly not required.
Depalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

Height: 5'3"

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. There are two of them on my local Craig's List.

Thanks for the info!
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote