3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   Lift and Chat: June 1 - 15, 2008 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/143091-lift-chat-june-1-15-2008-a.html)

Mel 06-06-2008 05:13 PM

Lift and Chat: June 1 - 15, 2008

This feels a little like deja vu all over again :lol:

Due to a server crash, we lost back to May 23. So any missed workouts or food indiscretions...hey...you get a do over! Wouldn't it be nice real life was like that?

Mel

Meg 06-06-2008 05:47 PM

I'm happy to report that I've eaten nothing but chicken breast, egg whites, and broccoli and run six marathons since then. :lol3:

Mel 06-06-2008 06:24 PM

And I've progressed to a 400 pound squat....but I'm 3 inches shorter :(

And that's an overhead squat :D

Mel

Meg 06-06-2008 06:26 PM

If you're three inches shorter, it means you have to weigh less. Nyah nyah. :p

midwife 06-06-2008 07:05 PM

So then I'm NOT behind on this thread. Or any of the other ones!

Cool.

srmb60 06-06-2008 07:09 PM

Anything stupid I said is gone!

Yes, I'm now 115 lbs with BF% of 17.

midwife 06-06-2008 07:16 PM

I had thought I had hit a major plateau, but I guess May 22 I weighed 164. So I have made some progress since then!!!

I'm ok with 1/2 pound per week.

Really. :)

denvertechchick 06-06-2008 07:17 PM

Hey all,

Wow, now I don't feel so bad for being too busy to post!

I had a seminar in the middle of the week. I hate those - there are horrid food choices everywhere and it's so hard to get a healthy meal.

A big CONGRATS to November on your 50# loss! Great job! :cp:

Just finishing week 3 of a 12 week BFL challenge. Boy I can tell a difference, and people at work are starting to notice. Good. The scale isn't moving much yet, but you sure can tell by looking!

I have a question for you lifting experts. When you lost weight, did you keep increasing weights as you progressed or did you find that it was harder to lift as your body got lighter? It seems easier for me to do certain things (leg press, for one) when I'm heavier than it is when I'm lighter. I'm interested to know what your experiences have been on this.

Off to mow the lawn and get some core work done....

nelie 06-06-2008 07:26 PM

I just have to say that I was particularly witty and smart the past couple of weeks.

Mel 06-06-2008 07:31 PM

lol, nelie! I had some amazingly erudite posts also!

Meg 06-06-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel (Post 2214350)
lol, nelie! I had some amazingly erudite posts also!

Erudite posts? Like cut up veggies? Good for looooosing weight! :rofl:

Mel 06-07-2008 08:01 PM

Today's workout was sweating with the weeds :lol3: I mowed the lawn, trimmed all the shrubs, weeded a bit of the jungle, then scrubbed and bleached half the deck. It was 96 degrees out :sunny: It was a 4 shower day :p

Mel

jamsk8r 06-08-2008 02:00 AM

Mel, you could make a workout video...you'll be rich! ;) No lifting for me today, but I've started the break-in program for the men's version of NROL this past week. After being off only 2 weeks, it's amazing how those 5 little exercises are kicking my butt!

Yesterday, I shopped at the Wal-marche', got some compression shorts and some regular shorts to go over those. Today, I splurged on an actual gym bag (ooh...ahh!), a lunch cooler to carry my PWO shake in (since I anticipate sitting around waiting for my ds11 to finish up..he just wants to move into the Y), and a shower kit. I feel like I'm gearing up for my first day of school. ;)

I'm actually bordering on size "L" shorts, which is exciting (having been 2X for that past however-many-years). I stuck with the XL shorts this time around, because I was afraid of busting out of the L stuff, but they actually fit (!), and looked fine, just not loose enough to give me confidence doing squats in them, lol.

Lydia, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'll be joining you soon...my big four-oh will be next June. Hopefully, I'll be on my way to buffness by then! ;)

Midwife, congrats on the weight loss! Mine has slowed way down, but I'm hoping the Y membership will help give me some new ways to keep the fat burning.

midwife 06-08-2008 09:13 AM

Thanks, Cheryl!

I am sure the scale will respond to your time at the Y. And how awesome that your kid goes with you!

srmb60 06-08-2008 10:01 AM

I woke up at least three times last night vowing to remember to tell you all that erudite is editor spelled backward. No kidding ... I almost got up at 4:30 to post, it was that important to me.
No more beer with sprouted grains toast for a midnight snack!