3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   Body for Life #44 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/14252-body-life-44-a.html)

waterbaby 03-15-2002 12:24 PM

Hi all! :wave:

This post will be short. I fell down in the driveway on my way to the gym. Fell against the back of the car and cracked my right wrist, sprung my right thumb and strained the thigh muscle with the really long name. :mad:

I'm out of action for at least two weeks. But -- I'm keeping to the food plan and will go back to the gym as soon as my doc gives me the okay.

I've been lurking and am so proud of everyone! A co-worker felt sorry for me and typed this for me because even that is not easy. Gratefully, nothing is totally broken, but it's keeping me away from my beloved iron and treadmill, so I'll have to make the best of it. I'll still continue my challenge to the end, take a free week and start challenge two.

Have a great weekend! Even though I'm not posting much, I'm checking in!

The post from TallJen was amazing. Thanks MrsJim!

carps 03-15-2002 06:15 PM

why the carb cravings????

Hi all,

Firstly Mrs Jim - thanks for that quote, I particularly love that one phrase "Get a dream so Big that Nothing can steal it" I'm going to use that! :)

secondly - SIZE 4 Jeans!!!! - that is amazing - and its even more amazing to me because our smallest size here is an 8 (maybe a six in a really super petite store) so a four to me sounds like WOW!.:D My goal weight and to be quite slim would make me a 10/12 so you can see its quite different.

Okay so some weird things are going on this week. Firstly no matter when I got on the scales (I know, I know - give them up!! - can't yet I'm still addicted - one thing at a time right!), no matter what time of the day or night they always said the same thing!!! - very strange. and then the last two nights I had the worst desire to eat every carbohydrate I could find - and actually did eat some!, and then today... my period arrived. I mean I should have known right!?... :dizzy:

I'm very excited because I have been trying to justify buying a new keyboard that I want, and I know I probably should wait and my husband said it was okay, but I was still humming and haaring (sp) and then today I was plugging in my old one, and the prong on the plug just snapped right off!!! so guess what I'm going to buy.... yay - a new keyboard.
Anyway thats probably only interesting if your a musician - but it means a lot to me :lol:

have a great day - I am off to town, the gym, and then to do some recording this afternoon. so I'll catch you tomorrow - free day - yay!

carly

thunderheart 03-16-2002 09:26 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

It's been a busy week for me. I work a part-time contract job out of my home and the work centers around coordinating meetings. There is a meeting coming up at the end of April so I've been busy making arrangements - ideal job for a stay at home mom! I have been lurking but no time to post.

Waterbaby - I'm so sorry to hear about your injury - sounds like you've still got the perserverance though - what challenge are you in? I guess we have to accommodate life when we are doing this and #%?! happens!

Mrs. Jim - I'm very anxious to see your pics too. I might be asking for suggestions toward the end of April. I just found out that the last 3 days of my challenge I have to travel to this meeting and I am determined to finish it!

Susanje - congratulations on fitting into your pants - that is such a wonderful feeling! I have a whole closet full of different size clothes that I will eventually get to.

I'm so happy for everyone here - it sounds like we are all doing well! I know most of you read on L&S too so I won't go into too much detail but I was sharing with them my experience in a health food store a couple of days ago. I was like a kid in a candy store. It just made me realize that I am starting to care what I am putting in my body and that means I am caring about my self - it was a "crossing the abyss" moment!

Well I'm finishing W6 today and I thought I would take some measurements. I've lost a total of 3.5" on my body. Mostly on waist and hips and a 1/2 in. on my calf, which I was surprised because there is actually a bulge forming there. I took my weight (I know, I know) but only for the purposes of trying to figure out my bodyfat%. It seems I've lost 4.3 pounds of fat and gained 2.7 pounds of muscle with a change in BF of .6%? I don't know how accurate this is but I am pleased. I used the link on L&S to figure it out. 3 different methods gave me 3 different figures so I just averaged them out. I am more interested in the actual inches measurement and how I feel. Sheesh I wasted 6 months before this gaining and losing the same 2 lbs. and still felt crappy! Just my overall feeling of strength and health is a reward. I know that everyone probably has different rates of success but does this seem to be on track to you veterans? I didn't anticipate really drastic changes because I lost 80lbs in the past year and I know my body needs to catch up to that.

I did take pictures at the start and I will take more at the end of my challenge. Well thanks for listening - you all have a good weekend! Oh by the way - this weeks squats were alot more bearable with glutamine!

Mel 03-16-2002 09:54 AM

Saturday

Another wild week-end trying to be in 3 places at once. I have a million things to get done, my son has soccer, and my daughter is playing lacrosse only an hour and a half away instead of the usual 8 hours, so we'll have to get there, too. Today is not my free day, so PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! And I'll have to be real careful at the tailgate party after the game!

Thunder- saw your post on L&S, sounds like you have really made a big mental leap. I love HF stores, but be careful, not everything they sell is real healthy! or BFL authorized.

Waterbaby- so sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you heal quickly and keep your spirits and determination up.

Carps- Don't be too impressed- I discovered I can only wear that size in 1 brand:( . And our sizing is different from yours. Congrats on your new keyboard! I've been lusting after a new piano for the past 10 years, but can't figure a way to justify that since I don't play professionlly or teach anymore. Besides, how in the world could I break a piano? other than having a different piano fall on it :lol: Oh look! a new Yamaha grand just fell into my living room!

Have a good weekend everyone-

mel

MrsJim 03-16-2002 10:40 AM

Happy Saturday!

It is FREEZING here today. Got a storm coming in. But I'm sure I will be having a riding lesson regardless ;) I love the horses but I'd MUCH rather be cleaning the apartment. Jim is feeling much better - he had one of those 48-hour bugs it looks like. But I MUST clean the house before we leave for Miami next weekend and I won't have time to do it during the week!

I am SO looking forward to the 85 degree tropical weather in Florida...but not really looking forward to the disruption in my eating. I much prefer making my own food rather than relying on restaurants and meeting chefs, even though they said no problem. So I'll be packing a new tub of MetRx Protein Plus, some packets of Myo Lite, and my trusty Braun hand blender!

Carps - unbelieveable - Jim just SOLD a brand-spankin' new Casio keyboard that he bought a few months back - he's a bassist but wanted to try out keyboards. He just couldn't get into it so he sold the board on eBay last week. I took piano lessons for years when I was a kid, but I don't have the natural-born talent that Jim has. Jim has never taken music lessons, can't read music, but he can hear a song and figure it out in a snap - and improvise which is totally beyond me. What kind of music do you play? Jim's been doing some recording too with a friend of his, Shree Dove, who is fairly popular at MP3.com.

Had a great back/bi workout today and someone actually complimented me on my abs starting to peek out of the fat!!! Yes, yes, everyone - when I get back from Miami, I will be posting pix - probably in my Yahoo photo album - it just takes too darn much time to update my website...

Thunderheart - I have just given up on trying to measure my bodyfat...from now on I'm just going to go with pix, and tape measurements. As far as health food stores - there aren't a lot of dedicated HF stores in my area - but we have two awesome grocery stores around here that have GREAT HF sections - Draeger's and Mollie Stone's. But usually I buy my stuff on the Internet and have it delivered to work.

Waterbaby - hope you feel better soon! You'll be back in the swing of things before you know it!

Jeez - just looking at the time - gotta fly - have my first meal of the day - hit the shower and take my slow car over to Portola Valley...will check in later (AFTER I make headway at cleaning this sty...)