Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #136  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
WAIT - has our group been infiltrated by the magical dh to Lydia himself??? (post 127). Rutrow - Lydia's in big trouble now! SOmeone's dh has been going thru the history on her computer!!!

Sure glad I said nice things about it!!!
Uhm Yeah, DH got a wild streak one evening and decided to post on another thread in this forum where he introduced himself. Don't sweat it. Most things roll right off him. How funny though that everyone rechecks what they posted about his "art" Fortunately it melted and morphed into something unrecognizable by this afternoon. All is back to normal.

Cost of gym memberships. I pay mine annually. Its about $800.00 for a family of four. It includes a decent selection of new cardio equipment, FreeMotion cable equipment, a decent sized and equipment free weights area, pool, sauna, spinning, aerobics classes, and yoga. I'm pretty happy there with the exception of the distance it is from my home. With the bad weather we have had as well as illness I am really lusting after the home gym arrangement Nelie has set up in her home.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #137  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Lydia,

You can come visit! I'll post a pic after I get my equipment tomorrow.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:33 AM   #138  
Mel

I did a back workout at home when I got home from work yesterday and was reminded what excellent equipment I really do have. My $100/month country club gym membership so that I can workout at lunch time truly is a luxury. Doing an evening (before dinner) workout really messed up my evening schedule and I was still cleaning up the kitchen and making breakfasts at 9pm, so maybe my gym money is well spent.

The scale actually flickered below my red line wight for a nanosecond this morning before settling smack on 125. I'm hoping by the end of an on plan weekend, I will be firmly below My dad's birthday is Sunday and we are all going out to dinner, but I picked the restaurant and can hold myself to plan better there than if I were on a cooking spree at home.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

We pay $35 for the world gym here. No discount for the 2nd spouse. But we are already getting a $20 discount because my dh's company has a deal with world gym. So we can't really complain.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #140  
Kallos Sthenos

Nelie: I would love that. Sounds like fun.
Mel: Good for you to plan a restaurant instead of preparing it at home. Its so much more difficult once the food is brought into the house. Once we leave the restaurant the situation is over! Congrats on keeping the weight below your red line.

So. I did workout A1 today. Mea Culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa. This is what I was thinking as I had my nose to the floor doing the 15 pushups during the second set that follows the low row. I think because it was a new workout it really was more challenging that it appeared on paper. Also, the low rows were difficult to stablize my legs for a good pull backward because I had shredding my quads during barbell squats. It was the first time I've done squats since October. I now have an even greater appreciation for the strength I had last summer. I was good just loading the bar with and extra twenty pounds. My left knee made some grinding noises and was a little achey after but I'm hoping that this will work itself out as I progress. I really want this bad! ~sigh~

Oh, my goodness, the prone jackknife on the ball! Okay. I checked my pride at the door this morning and attempted this movement. Let me just begin by saying there wasn't anything graceful about it. Just getting on the blasted thing took a lot of balance. Then, once I did get myself up there, walking the hands out and holding it there took another round of balance. Once I was stablized I could attempt to pull my knees in and roll back and forth but wow. It took a few tries. I have to admit that it was more fun than embarrassing for me. What the heck, if you don't try anything new you can't make any gains. I will be thrilled if I begin to see other members attempt this manuever as well. Great fun.

Over all I felt like I did a good lbwo but my bi,tri, chest, and lats don't feel as taxed as they usually do after an ubwo. May need to do a little tweaking to this. We'll see.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 270/157/160

I received some great news today.

I saw my cardiologist today for the first time since my bypass surgery in January and I have no more heart rate restrictions during exercise. Back to HIIT for me!

Now, I just need to wait about another 6-8 weeks for my chest to heal, so I can resume unrestricted upper body resistance training and I'll be back to normal!
Depalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #142  
Meg

Good news, Depalma! You've made an amazing recovery!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #143  
Kallos Sthenos

That's awesome Depalma! But wait! You had bypass surgery?! This must have been a long winter for you too. This is great news that you will be on the otherside of this experience soon.

Last edited by Lydia227; 03-14-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Wow Depalma, I remember you posted just that you had a health setback during that time, but I had no idea it was so serious. My mil just had one and I know they are serious, serious stuff. Glad you are back on the workout road!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #145  
Mel

Yikes, depalma, you made it sound like a bad cold, not cardiac surgery when you posted about it I'm so glad to hear that you are on the other side of this now! Heal quickly

Lydia, I fall off stability balls regularly with some of my stupid human tricks. All I can do is laugh. What's even funnier is that I do see other people trying some of my ridiculous exercises! I'm particularly entertained when I see a trainer at the gym where I'm not employed using one of my wacko routines.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #146  
Working My Way Back Down

Lydia, I had the same experience with the prone jackknife. Once I get setup it's okay, but some days just getting in position is a workout in itself.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #147  
Kallos Sthenos

Pat you are so right about that! OMG. I had sweat pouring off my face as I was rolling around with that stupid thing. It was just too funny. ~Can't wait to try it again though!~

Mel: See, it really must look like fun if other trainers are trying it too. I'll be watching...I really hope to see others try this soon. By that time I'll be all slick and have no trouble hoisting myself up there and cranking out a quick tight 15 reps.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #148  
DH Lydia227

S/C/G: 250/225/185

Height: 6'1" (on a good day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia227 View Post
Don't sweat it. Most things roll right off him.
That's because I've still got to lose another 25lbs.

Hello everyone, no worries on the sculpture. I only had 20 mins before it got dark, so it turned out weird. Fun to do though.

I'm not a regular lurker. Just pop in from time to time to see what Lyd is doing between reps.
drop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:32 AM   #149  

Hi LWL,

Today I'm going into NRWL 1A, 8th workout! I'm thrilled because i made it sofar, and i gained a lot of strenght i feel. I think I am not doing the prone jackknife right, I do not find them so hard, so i guess i'll look in the mirror this time!

edited: I finished my 1A 8th workout & I noticed:
1. My weights have DOUBLED vs. my first 1A workout, and I did not think I was going particularly heavvy today
2. I did not put my hips as high and my head as low as the model on the picture of the prone jackknife
3. Prone jackknifes are VERY difficult if you also have to look into the mirror to check form!
4. Altough my weight has gone up, my very tight new capri's & T-shirt that I bought for summer fit much better. Actually I have the "loose pants" feeling in my everyday jeans as well!!!

I can't wait to see where NRWL is going to get me! Anyone into stage 2 yet that can share some results ???

Have a great weekend all,
Rabbit

Last edited by 4rabbit; 03-15-2008 at 04:33 AM.
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #150  
Kallos Sthenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rabbit View Post
so i guess i'll look in the mirror this time!
3. Prone jackknifes are VERY difficult if you also have to look into the mirror to check form!
Rabbit
I was just going to say WAIT!!! Don't you dare look into the mirror!!!

Congratulations on your increasing strength! I'm really excited to see where this program will take me as well. I might also add that I am incredibly sore this morning in my glutes and hams. I was up most the night with DOMS but I know this too will pass. I'm going in today just for some cardio, get some blood flow into the legs and workout that lactic acid. B1 is on for tommorow .

Have a great weekend everyone!