Does anyone do the advance home weight training videos?

• Does anyone do the advance home weight training videos? I'm getting back into the swing of exercising.

I have Amy Bento, Cathe, and Jari Love's dvd's, bought a barbell and some weights yesterday and I'm ready to go.

Before I was using books but I'm thinking these dvds might work out better as I'm a visual person and I'll be able to watch the form of the instructors, and learn that way.

I have other dvd's like Kathy Smith but I find them quite boring.

Does anyone else just use the dvds and do their weight training at home this way?

I don't know why I was progressing last year, I loved weight training, just got out of the swing of it all... now I've revved up with cardio and I want to do strength again on a regular basis - for life this time around. I'm nearing 40 and cardio works for weight loss but not for what I want...
  • I went to the gogabby website and bought several dvds tonight by Gabrielle Reece, the woman I wish I could become. I am build sort of like her, I'm a former volleyball player and I'm thinking I just might follow her program. I was whining on this site months ago about my broad shoulders and people reminded me of HER, since then she's made her own dvds!
  • Hi Horsey!

I don't really have any experience with DVDs but I can see how it could be helpful studying form during a home workout. Since you have also studied form through some of the books you will be able to view the videos with a bit of an enlightened "eye" as well.

Let us know what you think of the videos after you have had a few workouts with them. Good luck and nice to see you back in the groove of lifting.
  • Truth is I already know form, I'm just a bit rusty and needing motivation. Except I don't know what to do with that barbell, and I'm learning. I seem to like to mix it up.
  • I have 4 of the Jari Love DVD's and try to do a different one 3x a week. they are really good! I have only heard good things about them.