Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #16  
Lovin' Zumba!

It asks me to sign in, which I do, as I do have a Kodak Gallery account, but then it just shows me my stuff.
Pat - I think you have to give access to people via email address - not sure it has the ability to make an album public. I just tried with mine, and you have to have people set up in your "friends and groups" to allow them to see it, I'm pretty sure.
Cindy
Old 02-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Pat, I had the same problem recently with Kodak & Photobucket, so I put all my photos into Shutterfly. It was easy to share, plus they will usually give you 24 free prints and free S&H from your images, when you open a new account.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #18  
Working My Way Back Down

Mmmpfh. I have a shutterfly account already, but it's really easy to upload these from my editing software. I'll move them to Shutterfly tonight. Sorry.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've got a barbell curl questions, ladies. I usually use a dumbell and do concentration curls. I took the bar off the rack and was able to lower it to lowest (not locked) I then could not curl it. I had to take a plate off, but that's OK. My question is ... what's too weak? Is it really my biceps?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:45 AM   #20  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Pat - hang your head in shame for not knowing about the mighty EUROSTAR! Fantastic speedy train from London to Paris (via the channel tunnel), where we would change to get a fantastic train to Amsterdam

SusanB

Rest for me today - we're off to Caen tomorrow (on the Ferry since we're taking the motorbike ) at 5am. *sigh* Why did I have to marry a man with such wanderlust! And I'm the sucker who'll be piloting the bike at 5am. I'm packing delightfully healthy food for the ferry to avoid the "self-serve canteen" and I'll probably be dosing in the reclining seats for most of the journey having gotten up at 5am!!!! At least there is a cinema on board, so that will be fun, if I can stay awake! Did I mention we're getting up at 5am????!!!! On a SATURDAY!
Old 02-02-2007, 05:51 AM   #21  

Hi LWL,

SusanB - not a clue on your question I'm afraid. I ususally find barbell easier than DB because my strong arm can assist my weak arm. I would guess though that maybe the barbell forces your arm in a position that works a different part of the muscle, so you train in a slightly different way ?

Frus - have fun in Caen ! And just for curiosity...whatever is there to do in caen ?? I of course only know the place for its industrial merits (trust me, I went to Bruges for a couple of years about once a month, and it so happens that I only visited the industrial area, and NEVER saw its famous medieval town centr!!), so what do you do in Caen on a weekend ?????

Iwas good today!! NSV - even though I was too busy to go to the gym I went . I feel this as a victory because this once I said to myself ..the more you feel that you cannot spare the time, the more you have to go. i went to 1 hour yoga calss and one hour power calss. The yoga showed my how incredibely stiff my R arm, shoulder and back have become, so this was definitely a much needed class.

Also..the no-afternoon-munchies diet worked ! Since I take the protein drink at 11, and NOT munch away in the afternoon, the scales dropped again this morning. Could be the magic tile, but I might actually have lost the december weight!!!

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
Old 02-02-2007, 06:16 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Rabbit? sure ... I can do them lighter and I've never tried a preacher curl ... which I could do now that I have a bench. I was just so surprised that that bar wasn't going anywhere! I wondered if there was something in my chest or shoulders ...

Oh and good morning everyone. My family is from Brussels!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:23 AM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

rabbit - DH wants to go and see some trams... We are spending from 4pm to 11pm there. It'll be a nice trip out anyway!!! Basically we're going for dinner!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #24  

Ah yes, the "Chunnel." Heard tons about it here while it was being built. Sounds like fun!!

My tummy is better this morning - was up with angry tummy after snipping a few nuggets and fries from the girls last night. Ugh, won't be repeating THAT mistake!! Wonder if the scale will be any lower though.......
Old 02-02-2007, 09:07 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

Fru - have a great weekend! So what your hubby has a wanderlust. You have a beat crap out of sparring partners and intimidate grown men in the gym lust so I guess you two are evenly yoked.

SuB - I also can't curl as much on a bar as I can on dumbbells but for a different reason. Using the bar screws major with my wrists, so maybe the weight is hitting differently. Mel-Meg? Where are you??? We have questionsssss......

Rabbit - great job on going to the gym even though you didn't want to. That's the best workout to have, the one you really had to make yourself go get.

HR, I was having tummy trouble as well but of the PMS kind. It seems the older I get the worse the pain. Usually two Aleves do the trick but yesterday I ended up chasing the Aleves with an 800mg ibuprofen so I could function. I was back up at 4AM taking another ibuprofen because the pain woke me up.

Tonight DD has cheer practice so I'll drop her off, then hit Ballys for the elliptical, back and shoulder workout. I'm kind of in a blue funk today - miscalculated the calories and fats in something and blew yesterday off the scale in the fat department - 40grams for the day - and I'm mad at myself for not paying closer attention to what I was reading. I sent the rest of the offending item to school with DD to share at their class party. Also woke up late so I didn't get my usual breakfast. I settled for a protein shake and I brought 2/3 cup of the corn cereal I usually eat in the mornings. Bah-humbug!

Tiki
Old 02-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #26  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

Last night, I did my karate DVD with DH. We even practiced punches with a pillow which was fun. I'm sore today Also, the karate DVD includes pushups, 10 to warm up then 30 as part of the cool down. I just realized this morning (as I felt my sore chest) that I did all 40 pushups last night.

Frus - 5am on a saturday?! That is crazy. One thing I wanred DH about is that if we do an active vacation, we will probably be expected to get up early. I guess our normal sleeping in until 10 won't cut it Today was a work day and still I had to get DH up at 9.

Tiki - Have fun at Ballys. I always like Ballys on Friday evenings. It is quiet

Rabbit - Good job going to the gym.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Nelie, don't mess around and knock DH out. With the weights you are lifting and all the working out, soon a pillow may not take all the sting off your blows.

Tiki
Old 02-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #28  
Working My Way Back Down

Nelie - we were up by 7 every morning on vacation, and a few days earlier. One of the things offered - which DH did more than me - were 6 am exercise/birding walks.

Frus - I was - thought you were going from London straight to Amsterdam on the train. Never occurred to me you'd go via Paris - I must look at maps more often. Funny about your DH's wanderlust. Have fun in France for dinner.

Ah, Tiki, I've had a couple days like that this week. Just need to stop and move on, back with the program. My lunch date cancelled, so I'll be doing a nice salad which will not only taste good, but make me feel better about my choices too. And at least we've been exercising - not a total meltdown.

Rabbit - good job on getting yourself to the gym.

Tomorrow morning I have my first "official" workout with Team in Training, and get a training schedule. I'm hoping to find someone there who lives near me so we can plan some training together.

It's 50F here today! Yesterday was nearly that and very too. While that was nice, it caused the ice on the library roof to come off in sheets - over the front door! Yikes! We had to block off the doors, and route people through a meeting room until the public works guys could get here and get the rest of it off. Fortunately no one got hit. Same problem in the back by the staff parking lot, and we had to move cars away from the building.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #29  

Pat, do you not have those little spiky things on the edges of your roofs? When we moved east I never knew what that was for, but NOW I do! lol They are either little spikes that stick up about 4" or I've seen some of the newer buildings just have like a single barbed wire strand in a "V" pattern flat on the edges of the roof. Maybe your maintenance guys could install that fairly easily, or I'm sure a roofer could if you have any way to make that fit into your facilities budget. I hate the ice flying off the cars on the highway too.

I vacuumed my lampshades today. I have never done that in my life! Do people do that?? Probably, but not obese people with no energy. Anyway, that led into vacuuming the whole family room and my bedroom. Then I also vacuumed the closet - I'm leaving wear tracks on the carpet from going in and out and trying on clothes so much I guess!

This is the life of a fit person! Soon, I'll be offering to fly to Alaska and install Pat's roof spikes I guess.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #30  
Mel

Before you go to Alaska, do a warm-up trip and come vacuum my house It's a lot closer. You don't even need to bring your own vacuum...I think I can find mine!
Closed Thread