Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-27-2006, 07:04 AM   #1  

Question Has anyone tried BIB aka gastric balloon?

I am seriously considering BIB. It's non-invasive, cheaper than other surgeries and it's a walk-in procedure more or less. However I don't know anyone who has done it and I'm not sure how effective it is. I'm afraid that it's just going to be a placebo effect nothing else.
Can anyone help me on this.
Thanks.

For more info on BIB:
http://www.obesitysurgery.net.au/bib1.html
BornConfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:00 AM   #2  

Hi Confuzed.. I haven't tried, nor do I know someone who has tried it, but I discussed it with my surgeon before undergoing my WLS and he said that most people lose a max of 20 pounds with this type of procedure and since am only 5 feet 1 and I had a lot to lose, putting a big baloon in my stomache would have caused me severe nausea..

Just my 2 cents, hope this information is useful..

P.S. Think twice.. and thrice before attempting WLS, I am sure some people do better on the baloon than what my surgeon had predicted (he just wanted to slice me up ). Good luck to you whatever you choose..
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote