3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Did I Mention... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/91682-did-i-mention.html)

Chickadee 08-16-2006 05:54 PM

Did I Mention...

I got a new job? Yep, a real, grown-up job. Starting next Tuesday, I'm a teacher. I've never worked in a school before and I don't have proper certification, but they liked me, they really liked me! I'll be teaching different classes in an elementary school computer lab. I'm so darn excited (and nervous). No more part-time baking/barista-ing for me. Woo hoo!

And how does this relate to weight loss surgery you might ask? Well, I know I didn't have the guts pre-surgery to go sell myself to an interview committee for a position I don't have much qualification for. I do now! I did it!

Life is good and just keeps getting better. :carrot:
Chickadee

peach pit 08-16-2006 07:24 PM

OMG!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

and when you see that kid in the back of the room throwing spitballs...i sent him. just shove a pencil up his nose. he'll quiet down real quick.

or

if you give him peanut m&ms he'll be your friend for life.

trust me.

i know.

peach

i can't believe i haven't been shut down yet. this is good.

DeafinlySmart 08-16-2006 07:55 PM

First year teaching can be so overwhelming and yet so much freaking fun!

I'm an aide (I have to get MA before I teach deaf education). Last year was my first year. I was so happy to not have the full responsibility and yet so glad that my teachers treated me more like a team teacher with coming up with lesson plans etc (cuz I wanted to learn). I loved it.

jiffypop 08-16-2006 09:10 PM

oh chickadeedeedear!!!! i'm so proud of you and impressed!!!!! good for you!

now don't forget to take your iron fist with you. you can always go easier on them later - if you feel like it. if they deserve it.

lilybelle 08-16-2006 09:37 PM

Congratulations on the new job. WTG.

Ms Spotdog 08-17-2006 02:07 PM

Hot darn, Chickadee! That is great news! Congrats! I wish you the best!

AND A PEACHIE SIGHTING!!! - How are ya, Peach???

Kel

Leenie 08-17-2006 02:44 PM

I am very very happy for you darling :hug: you deserve it !!!!

hubs 08-17-2006 03:03 PM

Chickadee, I must have missed this somehow. Congratulations! I mean on the new job, but even more on your changes within that have allowed you the confidence to move so positively forward.

KO 08-17-2006 04:51 PM

WOOHOOOOOO :) that's fantastic

Chickadee 08-17-2006 05:49 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm all atwitter with nerves. I had to go shopping for clothes since I've spent the last three years in jeans and t-shirts. Where does one find soft denim jumpers with no shape and Winnie the Pooh embroidered over the bosom anyway?

The Chick

kfs151 08-17-2006 07:03 PM

Congrats!!! That is great news and good for you for going for it!

L144S 08-17-2006 07:52 PM

(Where does one find soft denim jumpers with no shape and Winnie the Pooh embroidered over the bosom anyway?)

IN THE TRASH!!!! Deffinately a What not to Wear contestant from the sound of it!

Way to go! Really proud of my chickie friends! and keep in mind my chicadee friend never, never let then see you sweat! :)

And a wave and shout out to Peach Pit!

DeafinlySmart 08-17-2006 09:27 PM

Chickadee, I went through the had to buy clothes thing. Then when the season ended I couldn't convince myself to spend money on new stuff. Now I'm losing weight and the things that fit best are the old jeans I saved. Go figure.

jiffypop 08-17-2006 09:34 PM

DON'T YOU DARE BUY THOSE DENIM JUMPERS!!!!! you're way too young and svelte to hide in them. ya wanna look like they can run you over? no way!!!!

get something seriously spiffy and SCARE THE WITS OUT OF THEM!!!!

KO 08-18-2006 09:40 AM

Chick don't do it NO CHARACTERS ON YOUR Chest REGIOn! go To Old Navy TJ MAxx you have gone through too much to be frumpy!