Lap Band FAQ

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Thank you I called the Dr and The women said they take my insurance I have an appointment tomorrow. Is it a long process to get lb surgery. I have weeks off during the school year I work in the kitchen and don't want to take time off I don't get payed Please if anyone has info please tell me Thank you
    You really need to call the insurance company and ask them these questions, I am not sure if your doctor has all the right answers. If you have surgery doesn't compensation / workmans comp kick in? These are the things you'll need to get in touch with your head HR person.

• Wooo! 48 lbs lost? Good going!
  • Hello Everyone Sorry its been so long since I posted alot going on. I wanted to tell everyone I am going into my fifth month with lap band Dr. With my insurance I have to go for 6 months before getting it. Thats what my insurance requires me to do Some I am almost at the begining of my weight loss journey. Thank you for this board
  • I am sorry you had such a rough time of it. The band got you to goal but it sounds like you got there the hard way, it also sounds like throwing up is what destroyed your esophagus, not the band so from what I am reading the band itself did its job. 18 months is a long time to be that miserable, to me this sounds like your doctor was not doing the right thing with the fills... so was it really the band or the maintenance of it that was the issue?

The band is a slow weight loss device, they've always said that, so this should be nothing new to people going into it. Weight loss should be slow.

I would not discourage anyone from getting the band, I am sure it has helped tens of thousands of people. Also one size does not fit all, what works for some won't work for others.

Good luck with the sleeve.

Leenie
  • So Excited
    I am so excited had to share Just received appovel for lapband My surgery is May 27,2011 Wish me luck please Thank s everyone
  • GOOD LUCK
  • Its been almost 3 years since anyone posted so where do others go to get advice? I am having my surgery tomorrow morning and will need support. I don't want to "horn" in on someone else's thread so.........do people with Lapband Surgery post where ever? I am excited!
  • yes = people post pretty much wherever. While the surgeries are all a little different, we've found that our issues are pretty much the same: fighting head hunger, dealing with emotional eating, figuring out how to change our lives, having relationships change all over the place.

yeah. sounds thrilling, doesn't it? but frankly, it's generally healthier!! good luck tomorrow!!! and let us know how things go.
  • Thanks Jiffy! I just didn't want to post without permission. LOL I will for sure let you know how things go tomorrow.
  • OMG.......I did great! Back home and drinking lots of liquid and doing the Gas X strips. They couldn't believe that I got up and walked around on my own after the first little stroll. Everything so far is great! The coffee and Popsicles tasted great after not eating anything. I ended up losing 10 pounds on the pre op diet plan.
  • glad things have gone so well. But please remember you've just had a procedure done, and you might need a little extra rest. congratulations! it's a whole new world, with a lot of strange surprises ... LOL!
  • What happens if you overeat?
  • Over eating will give you the sensation of being stuffed, uncomfortable, very uncomfortable. If you follow the rules and stop eating after after 15-20 minutes you'll be fine.
  • Is it possible to be recommended for the lap band surgery but not GBS?
  • Thank you for giving us this invaluable information.