Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #1  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

Default I'm home, again!

Ladies,
Let me first say thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. I never believed that first night, the day before surgery, that I would be accepted into such a a wonderful group of women so openly and warmly. I got to come home yesterday afternoon, Friday.. so I made my personal goal of the 15th. It was either home by then or I was signing myself out AMA. I mean come on, even the nurses are only there for 12 hrs at a time then they get to come home.... Anyway. The fish filet incision that they did on me finally started healing after about 12 days of being open and about 5-6 days (guessing) of protein nutrition being pushed through a feeding tube that led directly to my bowels (bypassing the new pouch). It started to be 'meaty' enough for them (yeah, I know TMI, sorry) and they decided it was time to close me up. I'm still having a hard time getting around all the time.I never knew how many stomach muscles you use to walk up stairs (I have 3-4 to enter any door in my home, so that was a surprise)... And trying to have a BM is quite hard, thank GOD I'm on clear liquids for now, if you know what I mean. I've started having GERD symptoms again (from my pre-op days) and so am having a hard time with nausea and vomiting. The thush is finally gone from my tongue (thank God) and so is the dry lips. I never thought that Ice Water would taste so good, but after four and a half weeks with nothing orally, it sure does. I'm keeping everything down for now (only vomiting up saliva) so that's a good thing. My typing is a bit rusty since it's been so long, and I'm a bit tired. I just wanted to share that I'm home again... hopefully for good.
Thanks again for all of your support.
Hugs,
sharmel
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:37 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WOW ITS SHARMEL !!!

Girl, we are so glad you are home and on your way to good health. That was very scary and I know I can speak for most of us when I say it sucks to sit here and feel so helpless.

You just rest now and get all better so we can swap stories

Hugs and kisses, Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:31 AM   #3  

Sharmel. Wonderful to hear from you. I am so grateful to all that is good in this world that you are doing so well.
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #4  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Sharmel, It's good to see you posting again (although your hubby did a right good job too). Take it easy, gain strength and feel better.
Loodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

oh honey. oh honey. so glad you're home - and you have the world's BEST husband - we're so grateful that he kept us posted.

just take it easy. relax. ice water. your docs have taken wonderful care of you, and now, you'll need to continue their good work.

we're here for ya!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:45 PM   #6  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

So glad you are home! Take care of yourself~!!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 277/134/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm so glad to hear you're home. You've been in all our hearts and prayers. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.
magi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 312/288/165

Height: 5'4"

Sharmel, Glad to see that you are back home and doing well. Just take it easy and rest. Still sending prayers, hugs and kisses your way. Like the other ladies said, you have a great hubby for keeping us all posted on your recovery. Again, glad to hear you are doing well and back home.
debo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #9  

Sharmel!! I am so glad the nightmare is finally over and you're home
Just like Debo said, take it easy and rest, I am sure your body will need sometime to recover.

Good to see you back here
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:42 PM   #10  

This is the best news!

So glad to hear you're doing well.
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote