Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-26-2006, 10:34 PM   #1  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

Cool SHARMEL UPDATE!! Take the good with the bad!

Shar came off the ventilator this morning. She is extremely weak but surviving. The surgeons have developed a plan in attempts to ease her pain and speed her recovery. Every 4-5 days, they want to take back into the O.R. to flush her abdomen out and take a visual look at how things are healing. Each time they plan on removing a small portion of the mesh and closing her up a little at a time. So instead of one major procedure toward the end, it will be done by smaller procedures on a gradual basis. I only pray that she never has to come back out of the OR with the breathing tube. They are saying it is a good chance that she will not have to. They are doing the first of these procedures tomorrow morning. We are taking the good with the bad. We have conquered (for now) one major battle with getting the breathing tube removed, but we look toward more procedures that each carry serious risks, both physically and emotionally. Keep her in your prayers and I will post as things happen.

Thanks!
Eric
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:45 AM   #2  
Determined

Wow! I remember her posting months (?) ago about thinking about wls, or at least think it was her (same statue in the avatar). I didn't realize she had had complications. Sending and prayers her way.
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:54 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

eric - give her our best, loaded with warm hugs and prayers. i'm so glad that these docs are taking GOOD care of her and being careful with her. being off the ventilator is the BEST news...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Eric, please tell her that she has more friends praying for her than she knows and that we are blowing her kisses and sending her mega doses of love as we speak.

Hang in there yourself Eric, my heart goes out to you all. And thank you for updating us.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:05 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

All surgery has risk for complications but we definitely don't want to see any. I hope she gets better soon, she does sound like a lot of people are trying to help her out and get her healed.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #6  
No description available.

Hugs and support to you both.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:45 PM   #7  

I'm adding my healing wishes here too. I hope she keeps improving everyday. Thanks for keeping us updated on her, Eric. Much love to both of you.

Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #8  

Eric am glad she is off the ventilator now!! Every little thing counts when you are in the ICU.. Please let her know that she is in our prayers.. Hang in there!!

D.
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 312/288/165

Height: 5'4"

Sending hugs and prayers as well. I hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

God bless both of you.
debo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #10  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Great news!!! Lots of love coming your way.
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote