Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-12-2006, 03:08 PM   #1  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Default Plastic Surgery????

I am thinking of getting Bariatric Body Contouring. I am going to schedule a consultation with a reputable plastic surgeon tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone has had this procedure before. What should I expect? Is it very uncomfortable afterwards? Anything that I didn't ask but should have???

Please, any advice or information that you can give would be most appreciated.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:43 PM   #2  
Meg

Last edited by Meg; 12-18-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:06 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

chica - good luck tomorrow!!!!

in general, docs want us to have kept our weight stable for at least 6 months - and some like it longer than that. Depending on your situation, the tummy can involve a hospital stay ranging from overnight to a few days. Be sure to ask for details.

AND, of course, there's always the question of whether any of this will be covered by your insurance. For most people, it won't be, but there are ways that people who've had WLS can get it covered, but it involves proving medical necessity.

soooo, keep us posted!!!! and good luck!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:57 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Oooh I should be getting my procedure done within 3 months from now! I am so excited......
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #5  

Appointment with the new Surgeon April 5. I saw my doctor a week ago and she told me I've lost enough, I'm not in good shape and to let the surgeon take care of the belly. I don't care about the thighs and arms although I'm looking more and more like a Wrinkle Dog (Sharpei) every day. The belly plagues me though. I'm now into a size 16 in pants and my belly is still where all of it sits. I hate to admit it, but I have to wear my underwear backwards to cover all the folds of skin properly so I don't get a rash. I'm SO ready to see it gone. Very nervous about the surgery itself though. Very.
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #6  

And I'd still like to lose at least 20 more even with the surgery. I'm not ready to stop yet.
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote