Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-17-2006, 01:27 PM   #1  

Default New Here (Again) It's Lap Band this time.

Hi, I was on this website for years, each time with a different diet I was trying. I finally found out about the Lap Band surgery and decided that if that couldn't help me nothing could. I had my surgery in Sept 2005 and haven't had very good luck so far. I found out last week that my port has been leaking and I have to have it replaced so hopefully after that I can start fresh on this new adventure. I've tried everything I know to try, I've been overweight all my life and at 60 am totally sick to death of it. I sure hope this is it for me. I started out with such high hopes but it's been a emotional merry go round but hope it's over, I have my port replaced in 2 weeks.

I'm curious about something, I've noticed that a lot of you have the "Weight Tickers" on your signatures, can you tell me how to go about doing that?? Or, if you know someone that can. I belong to a group that I've been with for years, it's a weight support group and we were all wondering how to go about doing that.

Nice to be back here, thanks, Linda
Mylasthope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:03 PM   #2  

Don't give up Linda. You've invested so much of your life in this journey. You could still have decades of good living to look forward to so no matter what its still worth the struggle to find the 'fix', whatever that turns out to be. Hope is an ever renewing fountain and there's no such thing as an end of the supply. Hope comes with every fresh morning. I had two failed WLS's Linda and I STILL had to figure it out. I did finally and all I can say is I have every confidence that when someone is really, really determined that they WILL do it, they do it.

Stick around. There's lots of support here for you.
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #3  

Welcome back Linda! Are you LindaBC by chance? I've been here for years too, and even after all this time, it's my favorite support site.

I had LapBand surgery in 2004 and have been very pleased with my band. I'm glad you've figured out what's wrong with yours so you can get things fixed. Once you get good restriction, I bet you'll love the darn thing.

Be patient and work with the band. Sometimes I get a little impatient because I don't lose as quickly as bypass people do, but I still think the band was the right choice for me. I've lost about 90 pounds and hope to lose 20-30 more. I have complete confidence that, eventually(!), I'll get there.

Wish I could help you with the weight tickers thing, but I'm sure someone will come along. (Here Jiffy, jiffy jiff!)

Good luck with the port fix,
Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:02 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

what???? computer issues? MOI???? good heavens. you have SUCH misplaced confidence in my abilities..

but i'll see what i can find out and let you know...

ps - chickadeedeedear - i was hoping YOU would know!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

i have an answer already!!!!!

go to the top of the page. see the USER CP tab? click on it.

on the menu on the left hand side, choose EDIT SIGNATURE and there, right at the top of the page, is a box labeled 'add a ticker to your signature.' and there ya go!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #6  

Post Thanks Jiffy

Thanks for the info on the weight tracker. Not sure how to use the darn thing now. I even tried to put it on my email like it said I could and that didn't work.
Mylasthope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #7  

Hi there! I'm new to 3FC, and next Monday (1/23) I am having my consultation with a surgeon about the Lap Band procedure and I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! If anyone could give me some tips about their experience, I would very much appreciate it!
skinnymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #8  
unemployed karma fairy

S/C/G: 245/146/149

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to both of you!
indigo child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

I had my lap-band surgery 4 weeks ago and there are some other lap-banders on the board as well. What would you like to know?
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:18 PM   #11  

Good luck Linda, and congratulations Kim!
invisigoth is offline   Reply With Quote