3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Holy smokes!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/70306-holy-smokes.html)

TammyLynn 12-14-2005 11:45 PM

Holy smokes!!!!

I am totally shocked!! In less than a week, my insurance approved me for WLS!! I got the call this afternoon and my physical is scheduled for next Wednesday!!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I went to my first seminar last Tuesday and from there I was expecting it to be about 2 or 3 weeks. And then I thought for sure my insurance was going to give me grief. I never in a million years expected things to go so smoothly. Let's just hope it continues that way!!

indigo child 12-14-2005 11:50 PM

OMG! I'm so excited for you! :hug: :carrot: :D :dizzy: Gosh, that WAS fast. Do you feel like you have time enough to take it all in??!

jiffypop 12-15-2005 08:55 AM

WOW!!!!! this must be a world's record for approval!!!!! what kind of prep work does your doc require? psych clearance? dietician? what'll happen after the physical?????

congratulations!!!!!!

hubs 12-15-2005 11:10 AM

omg, TL! You must just be over the top with this news!! Talk about feeling like you've been given a Christmas gift!

Details! When will you get your date? And what procedure is this for? How much to you hope to lose?

Hubs

TammyLynn 12-15-2005 05:14 PM

Hey hubs, is that you?? :hug:

From what I learned at the first seminar, I will have to have the psych eval and I will also need to have a sleep study done and see a chardiologist. The clinic I am going through only does the RNY. They said they hope to start doing the lapband next year.

I am totally ready for this Indy!! Mainly I am just shocked it was so fast. But the sooner the better, right?? I have to wonder if my BMI has anything to do with the quickness of everything. Has any of you ever heard of anything like that?
When they were giving the requirements for certain BMI's, they said that a person in a certain range was automatically approved. I am assuming that means that since I am well above that range, the co-morbidities aren't a huge concern. I will get the surgey no matter what. Oh heck, I don't know. I will have more info after next wednesday.
I can't wait!!!!!!

hubs 12-15-2005 11:34 PM

I waited nearly 2 years after I was approved the first time here in Canada TL. It was a long, painful wait.

And yes... its me! :hug: :hug: back atcha!

I'll be looking forward to your updates!

indigo child 12-16-2005 08:25 AM

Me, too, Tammy! Please call me if you have any questions about anything! You know I'm here for you, girl! :tree:

kfs151 12-16-2005 07:00 PM

Great news! Good luck and let us know what comes next!