abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) experiences

• hi folks!

i'm curious if anyone here has had a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) who would share their personal stories, or provide links to similar previous threads?
    i'm also curious if there are any fellow canadians who could possibly provide a general cost of how much the surgery costs....

thanks, in advance!!
  • There is an excellent sticky thread on this topic at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040. Included are recommendations for a couple of books that are excellent references, and include cost information.
  • I have had this surgery I had 52lbs of skin and fat removed after my bypass. It is painful but it is well worth it. Just make sure your Dr. does your pubis as well otherwise it will hang. My dr didn't do mine and it just hangs...
    Good Luck
    Mary
  • funniegrrl: thank you kindly for the link. lots of information, just what i was seeking!

makaylasmom: thanks for the advice, and the well wishes. happy to hear your surgery was a sucess.
  • Ok, call me stupid but what is your pubis?
  • Quote: Ok, call me stupid but what is your pubis?
    well...all us women have it - located betwixt the knees and the belly button.

Monty Python would call it one of the 'naughty bits'.
  • Ok, I feel dumb. Thanks
  • One more question
    How long after your TT was it before you could really tell the difference? after swelling and all is gone? I guess what I really want to know is how long before I could wear a bikini after surgery and how long would I be out of commision if I had one. (I teach school)
  • The results are immediate. You will have swelling but it isn't anything compared to before surgery. As for out of commision the doctors say you can go back to work after about 3 weeks for half days. Why not think about having it done on your summer breaK?