Having Surgery Monday 10/03 NERVOUS

• I am going in Monday morning for gastric bypass. Im getting a bit nervous now. I am excited as well. I get a chance to start over again with new eating habits. Took a year to be approved. Couldnt wait for it to be approved. . Now just a bit nervous. Im ready mentally, and I know Ill have to move about as soon as possilbe. Just afraid to go under. I guess, Ive never been in the hospital.. except to have my daughter who is 17 now.. Well just wish me luck.. Any advice would be awesome as well. thanks.
  • RE: having surgery
    Peachie...good luck on your surgery...I had mine last May...and the only advice I can give you is this....regardless of what anyone tells you...especially the first 6 months following your surgery....only listen to your doctor...

• Thank you for your advice. I will do that. I plan on doing everything he says. Thanks again .. Ill be doing things tomorrow to get ready in the house and all.. but Ill be back next weekend.. or try to get on to keep an update on whats going on ..
  • good luck
  • Just Peachy....one other thing...when I came home..after a 45 min ride...I still had absolutely no pain..but also had no energy either....lol..I started my vitamins the very next day..the chewable kind and within the first 3 weeks...I started potassum, and calcium..always check with your doc before starting anything new like that...then they put me on a stool softener...works wonders..Now today...16 months later...I now take 2 vitamins a day, 3 calcium w/zinc and vit d, B complex, folic acid, Omega 3, and 2 vitamin c's but keep in mind this is my choice...he never said that I had to but I will tell you this,....my blood work has been one of the greatest..
    Let me know if I can help you in any way..cause this is a major step you are taking....FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!
  • best of luck, ms peach - who's doing your surgery? and janet is right about listening to your doc. the only caution i have is that i've seen and heard that some docs don't follow the established standard of care, and their patients have issues that the other patients don't.

that's one of the reasons that forums like this are so useful. you can learn what others are doing and have been told to do, and you can not only contribute your own experience, but also go back to your doc with a lot of questions.

will someone let us know how the surgery went and how you're doing?

immediately afterwards, most of us have a fair amount of pain and are grateful for the drugs. good luck!!
  • Hello all, Its now 3:38am and I woke up about an hour ago. I will have my dauther come on oline for me to tell all is well. This Dr Brient is out of Gainesville Florida, Hes part of an awesome group. He will keep me under his care from 12-18 months depending on my progress. I will be listening to the doc. I have a lump in my this morning.. big case of nerves... talk to you soon.
  • HUGS AND KISSES Peachie !!!!
  • Awwww Peachie....you'll do great...hang in there gf....it does get better.....
  • not a word! i'm getting concerned here...
  • Did she have anyone that was planning on letting us know???
  • she said that her daughter would post and let us know..
  • Hey Im back... Took me a while to get on the boards or computer again ... My Daughter lost the paper with the site.. I Just came home on Friday . 10/7/2005/
    Im doing awesome... Walking Total an Hour a day , 4 -- 15 minute walks... at a pretty good pace... Following Sample diet they gave me.. for a while.. doing well .. HAVE follow up with doc This thursday.....
  • hey there. Just coming back to the boards after having been gone awhile. I too had surgery on 10/3!

We're WLS sistas