New person here!

• Hi all! My name's Heather and I am considering RNY surgery early next year. Right now I'm getting information, looking into insurance, trying to gather the necessary stuff for approval. My plan is to switch to Anthem insurance, who I hear is much more accepting of the surgery than most.

I would love to hear your personal stories and whether or not the challenges (before and after) are worth it. I have a sneaking suspicion ( ) that most of you will say "absolutely", as most people I've talked to who have had it done say the same thing.

Weight has been a problem for me all my life, and I really think this is the route for me to help put me on a better path to health. Thanks for sharing your stories and anything that might help me do this.
  • aaah. the magical powers of a moderator!

i made your post a thread so that people will see that you're here, instead of getting lost on the bios thread.

welcome aboard, heather!

and yes, it's worthwhile, although it's really important to remember that it takes work to lose healthily, and to stay healthy, and to maintain the weight loss. in other words, after awhile, we're just like anyone else!

ask questions. do your research... and hang out!
  • Welcome, Heather!

My experience is much like Pookie's. I have to work at it to keep losing and plateaus are frequent. The maintenance power is much better now. Do lots of research and know what to expect.