Hello. ..I'm new here

• Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am going to be having open RNY surgery on 3/16. I am nervous and excited but I find myself seeking out support from other people that are pre op/post op just so that I will not feel so alone. I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the physical changes and the fears and doubts sometimes cross my mind that I won't succeed after having this surgery. I have been overweight all my life. I don't know what it's like not to be overweight. Being fat has allowed me to stay in the shadows and now I'm making a life change and stepping into the spotlight. In my heart, I know that I am doing the right thing and that I deserve my moment in the spotlight and to be free of all of the restrictions of being overweight (i.e. physical and mental). Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I welcome all the suport and knowledge that anyone has to share with me about their weight loss surgery experiences!
  • welcome shaun!! we're all in this together, so don't be shy!!!
  • That surgery is comming up soon! I'm so excited for you! I look forward to getting to know you.
  • Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!! I've been reading some of the posts and have really gotten some good information that I'm going to use. 23 days to surgery date!!!