Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

Default Well Ladies the time is close!

Wow what a roller coaster of emotions this week. I am at 3 days and 14 hours away from my scheduled arrival time at the hospital on Tuesday! O course work Worked my butt off this week. I have 55 hours in and still have several hours of work to get done this weekend before I am on vacation for a few weeks. That has caused me to be cranky part of the week. After they called with my arrival time I was teary eyed. I cant believe that its here. I have listened to, watched, read and researched for a year and watched other people and wishing it could be me. Is it really my turn is what keeps going through my head. I am finally getting a little nervous. I just make my self get busy with other things. My mom retired about a year and a half ago and moved in with me. that way there is someone in the house with me on the road so much. Helps with the animals too. Her and I went out and did our pre-surgery shopping the other night. Now it all seems very very real! She did have a question for all of you. Was there anything food cooking smells that made you sick after the surgery? K, I will stop rambling for now! Oh, forgot to mention the excitement too!!!
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm holding my breath!!

Well, not really, but I am very excited for your new life to begin. Keep healthy and well the next few days. You hear one sneeze around and your out of there!!!! LOL!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Woohoo!!!!! I am screaming and have my arms up with you! Weeeeeeee!!!It's one heck of a ride!

The only smell that made/makes me sick is the smell of deep fried or frying things! You know that grease in the air smell? Bluh!

I am sooooo excited! Come on...whitelion!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/146/140

Height: 5ft 4in

My Thoughts And Prayers Are With You Whitelion. Let Us Know How You Are Feeling When You Are Up To It.
Jiggly Wiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/215/180ish

Height: 5'6

I am six days out and the only thing that I have definately noticed is that my "taster" is much more sensitive and things have a "stronger" flavor to them. I don't know if things are really stronger.....it just seems that way...

It's great that you have your mom there with you for help........

Blessings to you,

Chrissy
FlourGirl is offline   Reply With Quote