Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-10-2004, 09:47 AM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default things certainly do change!!!!

i didn't think i'd EVER say these two things:

first, chocolate leaves an unpleasant aftertaste if it's not really good chocolate. and i feel that i have to eat something else afterwards. like something HEALTHY. soooo why do i put myself through this if i don't like the after-effects????

and second, situps are good. very centering. very soothing. what a shock!!!! i replaced my big exercise ball yesterday because I MISSED IT!!!! [the cat had popped the other one - just a gentle outstretched claw]. and last night i did situps on it...

good heavens!!!!! will wonders never cease!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:30 PM   #2  

LOL, thats too funny Jiff, I really don't like chocolate anymore either. Just isn't the same. And thats great about enjoying sit-ups, maybe that will happen one day for me, lol, if I can ever get up off the floor once getting down there! For now I have to be happy with just walking, and I finally started using my gazelle, I have only had it for 2 years, lol, and I really like it, that in itself is a shock for me! But I can only do like 15 minutes, unlike Miss Pookie.....
mistyseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:19 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

but misty.. you're at least STAYING ON IT!!!!! that's a major accomplishment. and for a woman who could barely walk out of her house, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!

i'm so proud of you!!!!!

oh. and by the way. these old knees and i can't get up off the floor either. that's why i use the ball. sooo much easier...
Old 11-10-2004, 04:44 PM   #4  

Jiffypoo, have you ever tried doing "pikes" on your exercise ball? I've been doing them recently and they just may kill me, but man oh man do they ever work all parts of your abs.

To do them, you start with your lower thighs on the ball, body stretched out, supported by your arms (kinda like you are going to do a pushup, except your legs are on the ball) and then roll the ball to your lower legs and pike up (make an inverted "V" with your body). Ohmigod these are hard, but very, very good!

Don't hate me if you try this and your abs hurt!

Chicka-diddly-dee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:16 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

great idea!!!! i'll try them tonight... and i'd NEVER blame you if i do something stupid
Old 11-11-2004, 08:29 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop
and i'd NEVER blame you if i do something stupid
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:48 AM   #7  

Thanks Jiffy!

An exercise ball sounds like fun, but I don't think I am ready for that yet! I'll leave that to you And Chick!!
Old 11-11-2004, 12:06 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

misty... they ARE fun... and you don't have to actually get on the floor [since some of us would NEVER get up from it!!!!!!]

but don't worry. you will get there..

i'm so impressed with you!!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 12:21 PM   #9  

LOL--so on this ball, you NEVER fall onto the floor!??!!? I must be a clutz, cause I know my butt would end up on the floor!

Thank you so much! Thanks for all the help and good advice. You haven't been on much lately, hope everything is ok!
Old 11-11-2004, 01:54 PM   #10  

Ironically my wife baked some chocolate chip cookies last night. VERY expensive pre-made cookies she buys. We only bake 6 at a time due to the richness and cost. (2 each) After nibbling half of one, I gave it back and said no more. I don't like it any more. Damn... It was always such a treat in the past. Instead I had a bowl of popcorn with salt but no butter. Weird.
P-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:09 PM   #11  
Old Cackler

misty... the truth about the ball... for the first 2 weeks, i held onto the wall for dear life!!! but after awhile, it was just fine!! really.. i wouldn't lie to you!!!

more later..

and P - nice to see you..
Old 11-12-2004, 03:53 PM   #12  

I have to agree with you where the chocolate is concerned, or anything sweet for that matter. I wish that I could agree about enjoying the sit ups. I hate them, but I do them anyway. I don't have an exercise ball. Maybe I should invest in one.
My4Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 10:44 AM   #13  
Hang In There

Hey Jiff... I thought we were supposed to blame Chickadee dee dee for everything!!!!

Serously, everyone is doing so good, and everyone is so different than when we first started posting here. Ole Alvin actually played golf two days in a row the other weekend. Can you Believe that, knowing that he was barely able to walk from the house to the car to go to work before his surgery?

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote