Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-01-2004, 07:59 PM   #1  
Domestic Goddess

Default What my PCP said today at my visit....

I went to visit my PCP today. I actually made a list of things I wanted to ask her. She laughed....she said that she has to make a lists all of the time because she forgets things..she blamed age...I blame motherhood!! LOL!!

So the visit went well. I told her that I was interested in WLS and I was very happy to see that she said that she was supportive of it! She actually told me that she sees me as a candidate for the surgery. Into our conversation about WLS she explained to me that in the past she had thought about suggesting WLS to me.

I am very happy that I have my PCP in my corner. That's one plus to this battle.

Now, about the exlusion....I'm going to fight it was the aide of a lawyer. I will not give up on this one. I have to know that I've given it my best fight and I think UHC might take notice if I have the help of a lawyer.

One thing that sort of made my laugh today was the incredible pain in the booty I had just trying to get a straight answer out of UHC about the coverage. I really want a summary of the benefits so I can see exactly what exclusion there are. They said that I cannot have a copy of that until I am officially a member. I know that this might be true...and then again who knows.

So, I have to wait until Jan. to get the benefits and take a closer look at the lingo....My Dr. told me that she really wants me to give it my best shot at losing some weight between now and then. Funny thing is I know I can lose weight...that's not the problem its just keeping my motovation!!

Blessinsgs to everyone,

ChrissyB
ChrissyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:26 PM   #2  

How nice that your PCP was supportive. It does help you to know that you have someone in your corner. I hope you will be able to work out the insurance issues.
My4Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote