Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-05-2004, 05:12 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default tick tock for chickadeedeedear!!!!

yep!!! it's getting closer.. the big SURGERY DAY!!!!!

best wishes... many hugs... who's going to post and tell us you're ok??? you KNOW that's the most important part of the surgery, don't you????
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 06:31 AM   #2  

Chickadee...I have begun the fingernail chewing. Sending prayers, good vibes and all the good stuff your way, today!!!!

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:16 PM   #3  
Hang In There

Thinking about you Chickie
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 02:47 PM   #4  

Old 04-06-2004, 04:33 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Watching and waiting for the Chickadee and her spring song!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:30 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Good luck Chickadee! I hope you are doing well!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:26 PM   #7  

Red face

Hey Chickadee did that say song or thong? Hey good luck, it will be over before you know it! Then straight to the way of weight loss.
Ditzy Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 03:06 PM   #8  

Thanks for all of your wonderful well wishes, my friends.

I had surgery on Tuesday morning and it went very well. They kept referring to my "low" bmi as an asset. Nobody's accused me of having a low bmi for years, trust me!
The only problem I have is that for some reason my oxygen levels are too low, so I have to on oxygen for a little while. That was something I never even considered. So, I'm chained to a loud machine, and I keep using that breathing thingie to help myself get better. The pain is not too bad, except I've developed a major headache (probably from the anasthesia) which is also affecting my neck. That's the worst part so far, so I guess I'm doing pretty well. Whenever I have those thoughts of "what on earth was I thinking" I make myself remember that this will pass quickly and that I'm now a full-fledged member of Bandlandia!

Again, thanks so much for your caring messages. You ladies rock!

Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 05:06 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Yeah Chickadee made it!!!

Are you home or still at the hospital?
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:28 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

whew!!! thank goodness you're back! AND enjoy the oxygen!!! yeah, it's a pain, but i'll bet that at your next checkup you've lost a HUGE amount of weight!!!

but be sure to use all those breathing thingies... that's your exercise for now. and YES you can post it on the exercise thread!!!

did they blow your innards up with gas? they often do with lap surgery. and that's what generally gives people headaches.

soooo glad you're out.. and on your way!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:04 PM   #11  
Never Fry Bacon Nekkid!

Great to hear from you chickie!!!! Glad your doing well!
DixieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 06:16 PM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Chickadee, I am checking in after being so busy i knew I would get the chance some time...I am so glad you inally had your surgery and that you are on the mend!

Congradulations!
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 08:35 PM   #13  

Chickadee! How are you doing? Are you still on oxygen? How ya feeling? What ya eating?

big congrats!

peach
Old 04-13-2004, 11:20 AM   #14  

Hello my fuzzy little juicy one,
I'm feeling darn good! And, I've lost 11 pounds since my surgery. I got the okey dokey to ditch the oxygen yesterday, so I'm very happy. My poor little nostrils need a break! And, I can go to Tucson tomorrow for my parents 50th anniversary party! Woo Hoo. Don't worry about me overdoing it there - my plan is to soak up the sun and take it easy.

This full liquid diet thing takes some practice, I must say. I'm supposed to get at least 65 grams of protein in a day. I've finally figured out how to do it, but the first couple of days were hard. I really, really like the Unjury protein. I have two different kinds (vanilla and unflavored) and am using them wisely. I have to work on getting in more water though. I get to progress to a pureed diet for two weeks next Wednesday, so I'm looking forward to that. At week five, I start eating more "real" food. My mantra will be, chew, chew, chew then chew some more.

So far, I'm not very hungry and when I am, a little liquid goes a long way. I think I'm lucky, because I've read a lot of bandsters who get hungry and have a real struggle with the liquid phase. I learned a valuable lesson last night though about drinking/eating too fast. I was kind of hungry and had some strained cream of potato soup and ate it too fast. Not a pleasant feeling! I guess I needed a sign that I really do have a band in place that's doing it's job.

So far, so good!

Later chicks,
Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:06 PM   #15  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Chickadee, I hope you have a great time soaking up the sunn and I am glad you are doing do well! 11 LBS is great!
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote