Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 08:51 AM   #1  

Default flavored water

I bought some vitamin enhanced flavored water, only to find out it has sucrose as the second ingredient. 20 calories in 8 oz, it has 3 grm of sugar listed on the nutrition label. Now I am scared to drink it. Will this make me dump? Of course I bought a whole case of it!
What do you think should I give it away or chance drinking it?
Old 02-18-2004, 10:55 AM   #2  
For my HEALTH...

Yes you have to be careful with those flavored waters. So many of them have either sugar of some form of sugar.

When I was visting my mom in Fla I was amazed at how many wonderful flavored waters they have (and they don't have any sugars).
All the local supermarkets down there (like Publix & Albertson's) have their own house brands which are very good.

Recently I am enjoying Crystal Light Sunrise Orange which reminds me of orange juice (if you don't dilute it too much). I also like the pineapple orange--they have helped me to get over some sweet tooth urges these last 2 weeks.
I brought a bunch of the containers this week and the check out guy asked if they were on sale. I said no I just NEED them to keep me on the straight and narrow.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:55 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

how many grams of carbs? most folks don't dump if they eat less than 15 grams. BUT... some of us do. especially right after the surgery. the other thing is that consuming some sugar sets some of us up for LATER dumping on things that should be OK.

it's probably not the worst thing in the world, but there are some cautions. is this propel? the gym had some free samples, but i read the label and put it back... i simply didn't want the sugar...

let us know what you decide!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 02:08 PM   #4  
VOW
Vegan for Health!

Try diluting it, 2:1 or 3:1, water with the flavored stuff. And then serve the diluted stuff over ICE.

Note to Crystal Lite users: if you have any access to Mexico, go shopping at one of the big Mexican supermarkets. Their version of Crystal Lite is about 1/5 of what you pay here in the States!

~VOW
Old 02-18-2004, 07:06 PM   #5  

I am scared of dumping, never did it yet, nor do I want to experience it if I don't have to. Guess I'll give it to the girls at work!

Jiff --- it was propel, scared I may propel it back up! LOL
Margie
Old 02-18-2004, 11:23 PM   #6  

I have been drinking propel with no problems, I have started diluting it down though, sometimes I get tired of flavored drinks, but don't like plain water either. I have been trying to drink hot tea as something different.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:37 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

i like vow's idea of diluting the stuff...
Closed Thread