Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 10:59 PM   #1  

Default I'm Home from Hospital....

Hi Eveyone.i'm back...i made it...lol
surgey went well my girlfriend and i arrived at the hospital at 10am.. surgery was supposed to be at 11am but for some reason my friend went in at 2pm and i went in at 3pm..(we had a room with just the two of us in it..it was great.) after surgery i was out of it for a while..about 4 hours after surgery i needed to go to the toilet..so they made me walk there...ouch... but i made it. the next morning i didnt feel to bad got up and walked around (not for long) had a fairly good sleep on saturday night.....sounds good but as i had not moved much during the night when i woke up i could not get out of bed the pain was so bad...so i had a little cry and called the nurse...who made me get out of bed. i just got back into bed and my friend woke up she to was crying and could not get up...the nurse said it is normal....so sunday night..i made sure i got up a few times to go to the toilet so it wouldnt happen again...and it didnt thank good..on sunday they took my top stiches out..i see the surgon next monday to get internal stiches out....came home on monday..slept on the chair in the lounge so i could get up easiley..today tuesday i feel ok..still a little sore but getting there.

thanks for reading...
Old 10-21-2003, 06:56 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Welcome home!!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:58 AM   #3  

Glad things went well for you! and it's nice to see you back!

Did you have lap done?
Old 10-21-2003, 09:46 AM   #4  

glad everything went well for you
Old 10-21-2003, 10:58 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

yippeeeee yahooooooo!!!!!! glad youj're home and doing well... soooom, what are you eating? er.. rather DRINKING these days??
Old 10-21-2003, 11:27 AM   #6  

welcome back

from now on it is only down hill on the scale yeah

later bevmel
Old 10-22-2003, 10:17 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally posted by jiffypop
yippeeeee yahooooooo!!!!!! glad youj're home and doing well... soooom, what are you eating? er.. rather DRINKING these days??
hi, i'm nopt to restricted..i was told
for the first week anything i like..but pureed.
second week is anything i like ..but mashed.
from third week on anything..i can
Old 10-25-2003, 04:18 PM   #8  

Foursons,
Congrats on a sucessful surgery It sounds like you are doing well which is great to hear.
I guess after you go through surgery yourself and then you read other about peoples' experiences you see how different programs work.
Like I had a catheter (sp?) in place after surgery. Gosh I hated that thing and couldn't wait to get it out. The nurses pointed out to me that with all the fluid they were pumping in me it would be hard and more painful for me to keep getting out of bed to pee!
They were right. But they did have me up about four hours after surgery just to walk around, catheter and IV pole included

As far as eating they told you anything you like but pureed? I didn't think I was on a really restrictive diet but I just couldn't tolerate anything but clear liquids, anything else gave me really bad gas.

I think that it is great you and your friend are able to go through this together. Blessings on you both
Take Care!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 05:20 PM   #9  

Foursons, how ya doin? sorry I didn't get a chance to welcome you home. Hope things are still going ok!

peach
Old 10-26-2003, 06:32 PM   #10  

hi, i'm doing really well.
i'm down 8.8 pounds in 9 days..my internal stiches come out today ( monday) i havent been hungry..in fact i have to make my self eat....i will report back after seeing my DR today.
take care..thanks for thinking of me
Anne-maree
Old 10-28-2003, 11:08 PM   #11  
Old Cackler

ummm anne maree.... how was the doctor visit??? it's now tuesday.. am i missing it???
Closed Thread