3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Surgery is it worth it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/320596-surgery-worth.html)

Teew4224 10-27-2020 06:44 PM

Surgery is it worth it?

I have been debating about this for 2 years and I am not sure if it is worth it to do it.
I am nervous that I may not make it

Tmansa200 10-29-2020 05:02 AM

I have not has the surgery but one of my friends had it, and i am not sure if it would work the same for all people, but my friend really did benefit from it a lot. Her quality of life and confidence really improved a lot after getting it done.

Not sure if this helps at all

shy_beauty22 10-30-2020 09:53 PM

Is there a specific surgery that you are thinking about getting?

gzgrl22 11-05-2020 05:10 PM

One of my good friends was in very poor health and her doctors urged her to get a gastric sleeve surgery. She took the matter seriously and committed to following the doctor's orders on food, quantities, everything. She has lost 110 pounds and looks much better but more importantly. her health has improved dramatically. I went to an bariatric surgery info session and felt that the drawbacks of the surgery were daunting for me. Also the regimen you need to follow was pretty much the same diet I had lost 100 pounds on (I gained 60 back) so if I was going to have to be on it forever anyway I owed it to myself to try it on my own again before resorting to surgery. I committed 100% and in one year I am down 60 pounds, work out 5 x a week, and I look way better and an in much better health. The bottom line is I chose the course best for me, but my friend knew she could never do it on her own and for a number of reasons the surgery was a better option for her. No matter what route you take, the key is to not assume you can go back to your old ways. Everything about how you eat, move, exercise, thing about food -- all of it --has to change if you are going to lose and make the loss permanent.

Jackal02 11-08-2020 11:49 PM

Thanks for sharing this

lisaward4 12-19-2020 05:08 PM

yes! for me most definetely! it changed my life. best thing i ever did

amelbeabk 01-04-2021 06:43 PM

Yeah I dont think Ive ever seen the moon without it being blurry or double lol my cousin was the same with trees, had no idea it was normal to see individual leaves.

Kodi nox

paulcorkgolf 03-04-2021 04:32 AM

Only if you have tried your best using the strict diet and exercise schedule and still not able to lose weight, my uncle had surgery around 3 years back and he is doing fine, also before surgery, he had to follow a strict diet schedule as prescribed by the Doctors and also same after surgery as needs to take time for having meal like keep the speed slow when eating a meal or drinking water or soup, and may some other aspects mentioned by the Doctors need to follow well, even after around 18 months of this surgery he had another medical issue (not related to weight loss surgery) and went for that serious surgery and that went fine, he is doing fine now and riding motorbike 160 CC as he was riding before both surgeries.

But I agree with views that the regimen is almost the same and so the conclusion is if possible make a strict regimen in spite of going for surgery as later ou have to follow same with compulsion if not then problem so better give a try to a strict diet and exercise schedule for around 1 year and see you will be much better then surgery.

I would say a strict diet and exercise regimen is better than surgery.

SandraMcCarthy 03-07-2021 11:12 PM

It's true based on what I noticed in discussions and few experiences in my knowns is better to avoid surgery if it's not very urgent and focus on diet and exercise, as one of my knowns went for Weight Loss surgery and he is doing well, but he has to maintain and balance the diet and exercise persistently after surgery, it should be for his whole life, as he started putting weight again because of not doing exercise, so it seems it's better to follow a diet and exercise schedule as a first and only step to avoid surgery as even after surgery we have to follow same so best to follow it strictly to avoid surgery and enjoy the life.