3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Chat - WLS Week Of September 15th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/31964-chat-wls-week-september-15th.html)

Leenie 09-15-2003 08:39 AM

Chat - WLS Week Of September 15th

Good Morning Everyone,

I figured I'd start this for you all since I am here so early lerking around.

Had a wonderful weekend, even with all this rain. Passed up a wonderful chocolate cake my mom baked yesterday and I'm happy I did b/c when I hit the scale it moved 2 1/2 lbs down :D

ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR !!!!!

What did you all do this weekend ?

jiffypop 09-15-2003 10:46 AM

GREAT loss leenie!!! i'm so jealous!!!!

a very boring weekend. went to the yarn shop and bought all kinds of stuff: sale yarn to make some fancy socks that i might give to peachie [shhhh!!!! don't tell her - i want it to be a surprise!!!], and some yarn to make a sweater jacket for a dear friend, someone who's helped me so much over the past few years. she deserves something very very special. and some fun yarn to make even more mittens!!! so i have my work cut out for me. good thing it all keeps me from munching!!!!

and dinner at the french chef's on saturday night, and the dixieland band was there. I COULD NOT TEAR MOM AWAY!!!! she kept saying 'one more song,' let's stay for just one more song!' and they took requests ONLY from her!!!

so we didn't get home until after midnight!!!!!!!

and yesterday, laundry pick up, grocery shopping, nap, knitting. a quiet day.

more later, i hope..

Leenie 09-15-2003 11:38 AM

Jiffy, if your interested, Saturday, September 27th dance ?
I'm going and so is sis.

Same time, same place, same bat channel :D

tucsonchris 09-15-2003 04:56 PM

Plactic Surgury

Hi Ladies

Tonite on Discovery Health, there is a show called "Trash Can Skin" it is about a woman who lost 300 lbs and is having the plastic surgury to get rid of about 35 lbs of skin.

Since I know some of you will have this surgury (I plan on it after the first of the year). Thought this would be of interest to you all.

Chris

L144S 09-15-2003 07:43 PM

Lurking again! :wave:
I just tivo'd the DHC program. it has other showings if you missed this one at 8pm EST
thanks
-L

grammyX5 09-15-2003 08:20 PM

Hi everyone. I have been busy getting ready to go to Atlanta. It has been 17 days since the surgery and I am doing really good. 12 pounds down since the surgery however the scale hasn't moved in the last 5 days and that is discourging. Still on full liquids with yougart and cottage cheese. Cream Soups are not tolerated well I think all of the milk isn't good, but I am able to drink buttermilk Glad that I like it. Next week I will be able to go to soft and pureed foods. I think that will be better. I started walking on the tread mill yesterday walking 17 minutes and am exausted when I am finished.
I too bought some yarn this past weekend. I try and I mean try to make dish clothes. They work for me.
Jiff hope that your knee heals fast. How was the swimming.
Peach...havn't seen you on the post are you ok.
;) Talk to you all soon. Grammy

jiffypop 09-15-2003 10:51 PM

great to see you marsha.. you do what you can. watch the fat.. it's not always a good thing this early in the surgery.

are you getting your water in? and congrats on the exercise,. and OF COURSE you'll get tired quickly. YOU JUST HAD EXTENSIVE SURGERY!!! and it takes time to heal. 17 minutes on the treadmill is PLENTY for right now. you'll increase bit by bit and before you know it, you'll be walking to joisy!!!!

and thanks for asking about the knee. it's getting better. still walking with the cane because it buckles every once in a while. had an appt with the physical therapist [what a nice man!] for an evaluation, and we start on friday.

swimming was great, and about the ONly EXERCISE i can do right now. no more hiking. no walkihg. no lower body weights except in PT. >sigh> this too shall pass.

and thanks for the info, chris. by the time i'm ready for plastic surgery, i will have lost 300 pounds as well.. so i'm on board for all this. it'll be an estimated 20 or so pounds for me... maybe a little more.

hi linda!!!

and leenie.. the 27th is a possibility.. but that's also the same day as peter's valley craft show out in layton. interested??? NO MATTER WHAT; we'll get naps!!!

grammyX5 09-16-2003 03:59 AM

Yes Jif I am getting in the water. That is a given and Water is about all I want. Flavored with crystal lite. Yesterday I had about 80 oz and that is close to the norm for me since the surgery. I am even getting up in the night and drinking. Water that is. Thanks for keeping me on track. Grammy

Could any one tell me their typical day post op on what they eat and how much. Thanks

peach pit 09-16-2003 06:38 AM

Jiff...you and Leens are going to boogie? Can I watch?

I have been in slug mode lately as far as posting goes. Wish I had an excuse for it, but I don't other than that I have been busy running around. Can't think of anything specific that I have been doing...but that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Off to the cardio doc today. First time I will see him since the hospital and I am hoping for only good news.

I have caught my little guys cold. Hate that. What can I take?

Marsha...I'll start a food log thread and maybe we can post on it. I would be interested to see what others are eating too!

Ms. Mod....would we be able to get a sticky where people could list their surgery schedules? I lose track of people!

later,
peach
ps...chickadee, check in when you can. Hope your knee surgery went ok! OUCH

L144S 09-16-2003 06:44 AM

Well I watched the DHC show last night. The woman had 35lbs od skin and fat removed. She is stillgoing back for a breast reduction. The changes it mage for her were incredable although they did say(not quoting) that it cost somewhere around $100,000. Still if you can catch it is is really something to behold.

Off to the other boards....
-L

debkay 09-16-2003 06:59 AM

Good morning!!

:wave: only a drive-by posting this am.......off to run errands and I think lunch with friends.

back later

Chickadee 09-16-2003 01:41 PM

Hi Ladies,

Peach, actually I didn't have knee surgery yet. Was just hoping to get a date yesterday. He instead sent me for more pictures. I have to drive into the bowels of Denver for another MRI. Of course, he had to mention my weight a lot (like I don't know that I'm overweight). I told him I'm planning on getting banded this winter and then had to explain what Lap band surgery is. He'd never heard of it, so I got a chance to educate a doctor. So, bottom line, I'm still hobblin'.

Jiff - I hope your knee heals quickly. I swear by physical therapy and can't wait to go myself.

I checked into Discovery Health last night, but it didn't seem to be the same program. I know they tend to run them many times though, so I'll keep watching for it. Sounds very interesting!

Later,
Chickadee

grammyX5 09-17-2003 06:27 AM

Well I just wanted to say bye I am leaving for Atlanta this morning I will post when I get home Sunday evening. Grammy

debkay 09-17-2003 07:18 AM

Morning, slurp...slurp (the sound of me and my coffee)

Chickadee......ouch on the knee, think of it this way, between you and Jiff you have one good set of wheels. Just kidding.......man, I know all about horrible knee pain, it was my one constant companion in the past. Hope you both get relief......and SOON!

Marsha, enjoy Atlanta. Our weather right now is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Chris I missed the Discovery show, but will try and catch it in rerun form.

L and Leenie :wave:

Oh Jiff, it just dawned on me, because of your knee you will most likely not be walking Saturday :( Will they at least give you your t-shirt??

peachie, how did the doc appt go??

spent the day yesterday with one of my friends.......she worries me. She is in her late 40's and not sure which direction she should take in her life. She has a long-term marriage which may need to come to an end and a child to think of. I feel so helpless at times, but know that she just really needs someone to listen. I'm a good listener :D

Home all day with no place to go :dancer: Guess it's time to clean house :cry:

have a wonderful Wednesday everyone

peach pit 09-17-2003 09:08 AM

Debkay....surely you can think of something other than cleaning the house. YUCK...yea, I should do it too.

I have a serious crush on my cardio man. He has the nicest skin. :o He told me I should live to be 100, that what I have is not serious and that I won't need heart surgery...unless I want it (what am I stupid? don't answer that!). Medication should control it and if one med doesn't work he will just keep trying others.

good news.

off to see the wls surgeon for my 1 month (or so check up). I'll let you know what he says. Psyche appointment for the little guy this afternoon....he has developed some new ish- shoes. :(

can't wait to come back here later...there are a couple of threads I am dying to post on!!!! :lol:

peach