Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #1  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Default binge eating disorder and WLS

i was DX with binge eating disorder. i am thinking WLS. anyone here a binge eater and have had WLS? looking for information.
thanks
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #2  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Yes, I was a binge eater (diagnosed) for years, had therapy and also briefly tried a few antidepressant drugs (mostly SSRIs) and that helped, but what REALLY helped me was getting a VSG in November 2017. I can't really overeat anymore and it's gradually retraining my brain that even attempting to do so is painful and not soothing. What would you like to ask? :-)
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:48 AM   #3  

I am a binge eater and closing in on two years past sleeve surgery I am still struggling with it. Once the “honeymoon stage” was over, it didn’t take long for me to be able to binge again. Carbs still go down real easy and I can still scarf down the bag of peanut butter cups that is on sale for fifty cents after the holidays in one sitting. My weight still fluctuates up and down and if I let the binging go unchecked, it goes up as fast as it used to.

The surgery is just a tool to help you feel full faster, but if the reasons you eat aren’t hunger related, it’s not the only tool you will need. I have no regrets about the surgery, but it is not an easy fix and I still have to battle my food issues every single day to get where I want to be.

I hope this helps!
Moliver4u is offline   Reply With Quote