Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #1  

Default Caffeine After Sleeve Surgery

So, I know we are only supposed to have decaf beverages (I'm only one week out anyway), but I wasn't sure why. I meant to ask my doctor today but totes forgot. I often use caffeine pills, it helps get me through the day. Does anyone know if that's harmful or is it just cause it's bad for you and we are trying to make good habits? No coffee and decaf tea, just want caffeine pills.
SomethingTooOriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome to 3FatChicks. I have not had bariatric surgery, but I just read online that the reason you should not have caffeine is because it causes an increase in urine output and can cause dehydration, which you want to avoid. Be sure to stay well hydrated.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #3  

i think that the most conservative recommendation is to have any patient after bariatric surgery avoids coffee, decaffeinated coffee, and all caffeine-containing beverages. However, the association between peptic disease, gastric irritation and symptoms remains unclear.
YolaLendres is offline   Reply With Quote