Liquid Diet

• Hello all. I have been a part of this group for more than 10 years but have never managed to make significant strides in my weight loss efforts. So, I'm scheduled to have the gastric sleeve operation on 7/15. I'm nervous but excited to take this huge step toward better health!

So, my question to you is this: what did you eat during your liquid diet phase that kept you satisfied? I'm drinking 3-4 Premier Protein shakes, an egg, a cheese stick, sf Popsicles and sf jello. I'm supposed to have at least 900 calories but I'm finding that impossible (the shakes are 160, egg/cheese stick are 70 each and I can have 2 a day. I would literally have to have 12 servings of Popsicles/jello to have 900 calories!). Any ideas?
  • I was on 100% liquids. 3-5 shakes per day, and water or decaf tea.
    Honestly, just survive it. You're going to be hungry, and it's miserable. IMO, the pre-op diet was absolutely the worst part of the whole process. You can do it, just keep on keeping on!
  • Your surgery date is almost here! The best thing you can do is just follow the guidelines given to you by your doctor and nutritionist. Rather than try to fill up on Popsicles, concentrate on the foods that fill you up and have nutrients. Good luck with your surgery, and please keep posting.