Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #1  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Default I'm Back...and bigger than ever

Hi, I spent a lot of time here years ago and lost a lot of weight. Since then, I've gained a lot of weight, lost it again, and gained even more. So I had given up. Spiraled out of control. When I could no longer walk the dog or play with my grand kids, I finally made the decision that if I don't do something drastic and different, I was going to die and it probably wouldn't matter. I want a life where it matters if I live or die. So in February, I talked to my doctor about WLS. She was completely on board and very helpful in helping me with the insurance requirements and recommending a surgeon.

So I'm back...with a new weight loss plan. At least this one includes a tool to help keep the weight off after I loose it. Last time I was here, there was so much encouragement and information. I'm hoping for that again since I've kind of isolated myself after gaining the weight.

I have my surgery scheduled for May 7th. So I am starting my pre-op diet and my pre-op with the surgeon is on Monday...It's getting real! I'm very excited to get to the new start...but starting to get a bit nervous as well!

So Hi Everybody...I'm back!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:06 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Wishing you the best!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

djay, welcome back. Congratulations to you for making this life-changing decision. Your surgery date will be here before you know it, and hopefully you've been spending time with the psychologist to help figure out your issues with food. I'm excited for you! Which surgery did you choose?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:18 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey !!! Welcome and Congratulations, we are so happy that you are happy. Nervous is normal, trust me there isn't a single one of us that can say we weren't nervous. If you have any questions please, no matter what, ask away.

What kind of pre op diet are you required and what surgery are you having?

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:04 PM   #5  
Blue Blood

Thanks for the welcoming words! I just had my pre-op and hospital registration so I'm all set. I'll be having a RNY bypass on the 7th.
So far my pre-op diet hasn't been too bad. I started last week. I get my choice of a protein drink or bar for breakfast and lunch with a snack of a small fruit after each. For dinner I get 3 oz. of lean protein and all the non-starchy veggies I want as well as 2 TBS of lowfat dressing. 6 saltines and a fruit. Then I get a fruit later for snack. When I went for my pre-op, the surgeon said I could add a 6 oz yogurt with my morning and afternoon snack! I've been losing about a pound a day without the yogurt...so I'm ot sure I'm going to add it. I kinda like watching the scale going down for a change!
Old 04-30-2015, 07:10 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

That preop diet doesn't sound bad at all, at least you can eat and its not all liquid like some require. Watching the scale go down IS awesome !!!!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #7  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back, djay!

I hope things are going well on your pre-op diet (I wish I had yours, lol! Mine was 2 weeks of 100% liquids) and you're getting excited for surgery this week.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:22 PM   #8  
Blue Blood

To be honest...I'm starting to freak out a bit. I have such a fear of going back to my old behaviors after going through major surgery. What if I am one of the 10% that fails? I've always failed before. I need to be healthy so bad. I want to play with my grand kids, walk my dog and go hiking and maybe even go biking! I have invested my whole retirement plan on being healthy. I've spent the last 25 years sitting in an office...It's time to get up and move!
3 more days!. Tomorrow is my last day to eat...I'm on liquids on Wednesday. Then surgery first thing Thursday morning...No turning back from there!
Old 05-05-2015, 06:12 AM   #9  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Don't go into this thinking you'll be one of those who fails! Instead, go into it with a positive mindset knowing that you're taking steps to change your life for the better!

I know what you mean by sitting in an office...oy vey!
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:50 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Djay I hear ya on sitting in an office for 25 years, its the same for me. I sit all day and have arthritis in my body from my knees to my spine, hurts to move...but we can break out of this rut... baby steps, even just standing by your desk a few times a day is a start. Please don't set yourself up emotionally for failure, you can do this. One day at a time.

God's speed tomorrow and please as soon as you can, let us know how you are doing. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Leenie <3
Old 05-07-2015, 09:04 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Thinking about you Djay <3 Please update us when you can.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:44 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

I'm sending good thoughts your way, Djay!
Let us know how you're doing.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hope things went ok and you are just resting up... please let us know how you are. <3