3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Please Help Me (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/292593-please-help-me.html)

AshleyAnn519 02-08-2014 07:57 AM

Please Help Me

Hi,
I hopehope someone has some advice for me. Im 5 days post op and I have really severe pain around one incision on my right side. Is way worse than it was a couple of days post op. Im starting to worry that something may be wrong. Please help me!

jiffypop 02-08-2014 08:42 AM

is it swollen? red? oozing? do you have a fever? if so, go STRAIGHT to your doc. if it's not, just CALL your doc and ask about it.

sometimes healing hurts [wish it didn't] but sometimes infections set in. only your doc can tell you.

and now, i gotta wave a flag here. You've had the surgery as a step in taking better care of yourself. None of us - not a single one of us - is good at that. calling your doc about these issues is one step in taking better care of yourself.

while it's good that you've asked us, the fact is that we're not doctors, and we don't know what the incision looks like. Only your doc can help you on this one. Please call. I promise you - someone is covering today, even though it's saturday.

if you have the symptoms i wrote above, you could also consider the ER, but call your doc first. There's also the possibility of going to an urgent care center.

take care of this early this morning. and then let us know how you're doing.

amandie 02-08-2014 09:14 AM

+1 to all what jiffy said!!

AshleyAnn519 02-08-2014 03:08 PM

Thanks for your response. I called the dr and he said to keep up my pain meds and fluids today and if its not improving by tomorrow I need to go to the er for an upper gi and/or ct scan.

jiffypop 02-08-2014 11:00 PM

EXCELLENT!!! don't you love getting answers and having a plan? sounds like your surgeon is on top of things. Now, let us know in the morning how you're doing. I know you're a little nervous about this.

AshleyAnn519 02-09-2014 10:33 PM

Went to the er and they did absolutely nothing. Gave me a dose of liquid lortab which I have drew some blood n sent me home. I see my surgeon tomorrow.

amandie 02-09-2014 10:53 PM

Im so sorry to hear about the ER visit but I'm glad you're getting to see your surgeon tomorrow, though. Hopefully the lortab helped some?

jiffypop 02-10-2014 12:12 PM

I know you hoped the ER would do something to help, but frankly, i think it's a good sign! if you had an infection, they would have given you antibiotics and all kinds of stuff. But if all they could think to do is to give you a different painkiller, that's not a bad sign.

but the BEST thing is that you're going to see your surgeon today.

AshleyAnn519 02-10-2014 02:38 PM

By going to the er I was just listening to my surgeon. They didn't do what he wanted. And didn't give me a different pain killer. They gave me the exact one I havr. But good news is I went to my appt today and saw the pa and she says that it is really bruised in that area. She is guessing some connective tissue was cut/torn in the area. She's not thinking its anything serious. Today I start " eating" so if that goes well I should 've fine :)