Giving food a break

• Hi all. I had VSG back in October 2011. I lost about 70 lbs relatively quickly and easily, within 6 months of surgery, since then I've been struggling. I started eating poorly again that Christmas and have gone up and down with my eating and exercising. I took a personal trainers course in the fall and after I was done that really really took a nose dive. I am up over 200 and that was a sharp, swift kick in the derriere that I have to get back to the proper principles of eating. Just to break bad habits I'm going to do optifast for 2 weeks and kind of go back to that immediate post op diet. I think that will help get back to where I need to be. I did really well on optifast, had no desire to eat anything else. I do well with strict diets, its when I have a choice in what I can eat that I tend to snack and graze. I know I am a food addict, maybe living off protein shakes and supplements like that is what I have to do at this point. I'm not going to look too far ahead right now. Also back on the exercise wagon. I have all this information from my trainer's course, time to start working it!!
  • Hey! Yo
    u
    and i are in the same boat....i took a lifeguarding course during christmas...i got really stressed and ate bad stuff too and need to re focus.. i too have been considering the shakes only for a week.
  • Today has been pretty good. I decided to have shakes and protein bars. When I did optifast pre-op we were allowed to have broth so I bought some no added sugar chicken and beef broth so had a cup of that as well. I'm super hungry but still have 1 shake for tonight and going to have another cup of broth. It takes a couple of days to get over that hungry all the time feeling but I know in the long run it will be a great help to get out of this rut I am in. Let me know if you decide to try it out.