3 days post op and I have gained 2 pounds what??

• I had a RNY on 10/30/13 and I ave gained two pounds. I gave followed the liquid diet exactly like I should. I have done my walking as well. Why am I not losing weight?
  • my goodness! you're just a couple days postop and walking around? no pain? no discomfort? what does your doc have you eating? most of us at this point were consuming clear liquids only.

having said all that [well, having asked all those Qs! ] please don't be concerned about this weight gain. yes, it does seem weird, but your body has been through some pretty extensive surgery and has probably just about cleared out the anesthesia. give it a few more days - be sure to get your rest - and when you see the doc next week, see what happens! and talk with your surgeon with any Qs you have in the meantime.

the important thing right now is to drink your fluids and get some rest.
  • Thanks for the response. I am on liquids only but have been up and walking in 15 minute stretches twice a day. I just weighed myself and I lost one pound. I see the doctor in Monday and will have lots of questions.
  • STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF!!! it'll only make yourself crazy. As time goes on, you'll lose a lot of weight fast, then hold for awhile while your body adjusts. if you start analyzing all the daily variations, you'll get so lost in the details that you'll lose track of what you're supposed to be doing. one day a week is plenty, and you'll be able to see the differences in your body on a regular basis

just keep on doing what you're supposed to do - bit by bit, day by day. Stay focused on the NOW and you'll get to where you need to be.

honest!
  • Remember you just had surgery and there is swelling that is happening but that will go down in time. I went up in weight after surgery as well but I didn't worry about it. You have to remember that you were on an IV while in the hospital. I know they just pumped me full of fluids when I was in the hospital.