Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 01:37 PM   #1  

Default WLS Chat-Week of May 12

Hi everyone!

It's a new week and a new chat (not that many of us are quiet, are we? ). Anyway, there are still wind advisories in my area; we had gusts yesterday up to 55 miles an hour and you know they are strong when wrought iron patio furniture gets blown apart! It's only 49 degrees today and raining on and off; it feels more like November than May. So far, though, the weather looks promising for my photoshoot on Friday.

Another good thing (for those of us that hate dentists ) is my dentist appointment for tomorrow has been moved to the 28th! YAYYY! Though it was only for a cleaning and checkup, I am not a big fan of the dentist, to say the least I am getting my eyes examined Wednesday; I am in dire need of new glasses since the ones I have are eight years old . My insurance covers up to $125 a year for glasses or contacts, and my contacts are still good for at least another year, plus Sears Optical is having a sale on buy one pair of glasses and get a pair free through May 31.

Hope this week finds all well and had a great Mother's Day yesterday; at the moment, I have a snoring cat at my feet. I think he has the right idea, but am going to do my 30 minute workout instead.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:59 PM   #2  

Hi Lori!

Glad you started this up. I hope that all of you with the wicked weather have things calming down soon. Lori, I am probably the only one I know who doesn't mind going to the dentist. I love my dentist and have been going to him since I was six years old. Now, for me, going to the regular doctor is sheer torture.

The big kid is off at a make up baseball game with dh and the little guy and I will not be going cause said little guy's meds are wearing off!!! He is running around practicing screaming like a girl. (his words, not mine) Needless to say, I am becoming just a TAD agitated!!! and I have a cold. BUT! I do have a surgery date!

August 11th, pending insurance approval.

oh boy.

Hey Hazel....how's that little piggy doing?

Hey to all

peach
Old 05-12-2003, 06:06 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

CONGRATULATIONS, PEACHIE!!!!! you made the call!!!!

and just think.. only two days after mom's bday!!! i'll bet the ENTIRE FAMILY will be around to support you during that time!!!!!

can hardly wait for THAT scene!!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 07:02 PM   #4  

ummmmm......Jiff.....brother dearest usually comes in July....
Old 05-12-2003, 08:57 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Congratulations Peach!!! Ive been watching and reading and waiting lol. Im glad you made the call.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:21 PM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Me too!
-L
Old 05-13-2003, 07:04 AM   #7  
she who must be obeyed

Me three sorry peachie, couldn't stop myself You know I'm glad for you.

to all, only have a minute......off to meet Hazel for our mall walk. Hazel and I are members of the "strolling stones" the mall is called Stonecrest Mall........strolling stones, get it Okay, okay......I'm out of here for now, I'm in a goofy mood, better leave before I say something, really stupid.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:49 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Um - Debkay .... would you explain the name for me, please.

Hey, Peachie - way to go! August 11 is a special day for me. it's the day I met Harry! That makes it ver auspicious - I think.

Have a great Tuesday.

from a Lurker

(Actually, this forum does not have an official moderator so I lurk to see who I can catch posting naughties!)
Old 05-13-2003, 08:41 AM   #9  

Goodmorning everyone!

Peach- Glad to hear you have a date!

My DH has ordered us TWO recumbent tricycles..can't wait for them to come in. We was hoping that we would have them this past weekend. The wheather was so nice for a change. So I spent Sun. having a crying spell I was really feeling sorry for myself,and I am both excieted and scared about the surgery...go figure

We I'm out of here for now/ Mary Beth
Old 05-13-2003, 04:33 PM   #10  

Robin, L and Ruth it is really nice of you tw sweep by here and send me your good wishes. I am feeling a bit like Mary Beth is...scared, excited and sometimes sad ....sort of like I am on a run away train!!!!

As to the date, Ruth...it is nice to know it is a special one for you. It is also one of my best friend's father's birthday so I am really starting to feel a bit lucky about it.

Thanks to Jiff and Debkay and Mary Beth too!!!

Congrats on the bikes, MB...let us know how you like them.

Errands today with Mom. Found some left over antibiotics yesterday so I am feeling a bit better. Other than that, I think the snails have mated in the fish tank and we have a couple of babies....yessssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee times are exciting around here!!!

later
peach
Old 05-15-2003, 07:39 AM   #11  
she who must be obeyed

Morning all!! Not walking today.....grocery store, cut and color and a few other things to do.

peachie glad your feeling better.

Mary Beth, excited and scared about the surgery is so very normal.

back later
Old 05-15-2003, 07:45 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Peachie! Snails mating? You need to get out more.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:22 PM   #13  

Very cool about the date Peachie Keen, very cool.

By the way, did you actually watch the snails "do it" (I can say that because there's no moderator!) If you did, then you seriously do need to get a life babe!

Your secret admirer,
Chickadee
Old 05-15-2003, 07:13 PM   #14  

Debkay, hope the cut and color went well!!!! What color?

Dear Secret Admirer,
I think (to my untrained eye) that the mating of the snails was a group effort. At least it appeared to be from where I was sitting with my nose pressed up against the glass.

yes, perhaps I do need a life.
yes, perhaps we do need to be moderated, but don't tell Ruthie!
rofl

I'm gonna get booted out of this joint yet.

Maybe after I have surgery I'll have more energy to do something other than laundry, errands, and other slug (snail) type of activities.

Yesterday I took the boys to their psyche appointment. Upped one kids meds a tiny bit but all and all they are doing very well. I did not, repeat did NOT discuss with the psyche doc my new found interest in snail mating. FYI for those who are new...my 8 yr old is an asperger, ADHD, obsessive compulsive kid and cute as a button while my older one is your typical ADHD dyspraxia kid; also quite warm and fuzzy. Today I had a spa pedicure and was in heaven.

So? what is the worry of the day? What if I don't get approved? I am kind of getting used to the idea of having WLS now.

off to check the snails!
love,
peach
Old 05-15-2003, 08:57 PM   #15  
Hang In There

Well Peachie congrat are due you, but I can't help but feel a little jealous. I was planning to be preparing for MY surgery by this time, but ole Alvin is just too too against it right now. I know I know it's my life , my body etc, but I do have to live with him. After 37 years I guess I'll keep him.

I'll be following your progress and wishing you the best.
Closed Thread