Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I Hello Everyone!
  • Hey! I had the sleeve on oct 3rd and I'm so happy I did it also welcome to our sleeve group lol.
  • Quote: Hello Everyone! I'm 2.5 weeks out after having a vertical sleeve gastrectomy. I'm eating purees and feeling pretty good about that.

So far I've lost nearly 25 pounds! Isn't that insane?!

I was just wondering, are there other VSGers here?
    Hi mxgirl --

I had my sleeve done on 11/8. I am also 23 lbs down!
  • Quote: Hi mxgirl --

I had my sleeve done on 11/8. I am also 23 lbs down!

that's awesome!!! congrats!!
  • I had the sleeve 11/6..I do wish I had done it sooner but I guess I wasn't in the right place..
  • So happy to see other VSGers!!!!! I had my surgery Oct. 29. Last weigh in was a couple of weeks ago, my scales at home aren't reliable, 10 days after surgery I had lost 16lbs!!! Congrats to you on your new journey!!!
  • welcome aboard, Tesla! and glad you're doing so well -
  • Hi! I had VSG done in July of 2011. As of this weekend I'm down 158 lbs and just under 200 lbs for the first time in so many years I can't count them. Sounds like you're off to a great start!
  • Going for VSG seminar on Monday! My doctor recommended it to put my diabetes in remission. Excited, and scared. Congrats to all of you
  • I had my VSG last October. Best thing I ever did for myself.
  • Quote: Going for VSG seminar on Monday! My doctor recommended it to put my diabetes in remission. Excited, and scared. Congrats to all of you
    you are going to do great!! and it is such a fun and amazing journey you'll be so happy you did it
  • I had my surgery in July 2012. Have lost 122lbs. in 6 months. Best decision I ever made for myself!
  • Question
    Quote: I had my surgery in July 2012. Have lost 122lbs. in 6 months. Best decision I ever made for myself!
    If you dont mind me asking did you have the sleeve done because that is amazing results! I hope I could accomplish that goal.... Do you have any tips you could give me?
  • Quote: If you dont mind me asking did you have the sleeve done because that is amazing results! I hope I could accomplish that goal.... Do you have any tips you could give me?
    Yes I had the sleeve done and I should have went back and rephrased that. 20lbs of that was lost on the 5 week liquid diet I had to do in June up to my surgery. All the rest has been since surgery. I was 430 at surgery and am currently 328. I get around 600 calories, 80-90g protein, 30 carbs or less and 30 fat or less. I track everything I eat and exercise everyday. Usually aerobics in morning after I take my son to school and then a 3 mile walk in evening with my husband. On weekends I get outside and play basketball with my son or we just started going to the bike trails on nice days and riding bikes. Just have to stick to plan and you will succeed.
  • Quote: Yes I had the sleeve done and I should have went back and rephrased that. 20lbs of that was lost on the 5 week liquid diet I had to do in June up to my surgery. All the rest has been since surgery. I was 430 at surgery and am currently 328. I get around 600 calories, 80-90g protein, 30 carbs or less and 30 fat or less. I track everything I eat and exercise everyday. Usually aerobics in morning after I take my son to school and then a 3 mile walk in evening with my husband. On weekends I get outside and play basketball with my son or we just started going to the bike trails on nice days and riding bikes. Just have to stick to plan and you will succeed.
    Thank you so much for responding... I am sure I will have to do the liquid diet.. How was it? I havent had my first appt yet so im sure I will learn there its just nice to know a little bit before I go in.