3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Lipo Cavitation - anyone tried it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/268826-lipo-cavitation-anyone-tried.html)

Miss Health 10-27-2012 12:56 AM

Lipo Cavitation - anyone tried it?

It's this thing that apparently blows up fat cells and they are excreted via the lymph system. I was wondering if others have experiences with this - I got it done recently and it hasn't seemed to have done much but give my stomach a rash. :dizzy:

I know it's supposed to take several sessions - but I'm wondering if others had good results?

Jessicarabbit 09-03-2013 07:27 PM

hey... i see it's been a while since you first wrote this post... i had this procedure done about 2 years ago and in fact i did lose inches from around my waist line, thighs and hips... i also was in this crazy diet hehe which i didn't continue to do. I gained weight a year after it... but currently, i am going to a nutritionist and exercising and decided to give the cavitation a try once again since it did work once for me.

thethinwhiteduke 01-02-2014 12:12 PM

considering cavitation due to some lifebooker deals i am seeing....

how was your second experience with it? does it take multiple sessions to help? does it reduce weight or just trim areas?

zoesmom 01-02-2014 12:48 PM

I had this over the course of the fall.

First...you do not lose weight with it. None. Nada. Zip. Zilche.

You can however, lose inches. I don't know the science behind it, but it does work...IF you follow a few things:

1) DRINK YOUR WATER! I don't mean 64 ounces. I am talking more along the lines of 96 or more. Hydration is KEY!
2) If you have more than 60 pounds to lose, you probably will NOT see any results (I was the rarity, I will go more into that further down.) This procedure is for those that are close to goal and want to shed a few inches. Again, you will NOT lose pounds!
3) If you are not exercising or dieting, this is a wasted procedure. You don't have to be running marathons or eating 700 calories, but you need to at the very least be walking 30 minutes 3 times a week and eating a healthy amount for your weight and height.
4) Wear the compression shorts/bands they recommend after each procedure.
5) You WILL need to have repeat sessions. It takes at LEAST 6 sessions to see any long term results and usually, closer to 10 or 12.
6) Do NOT go in expecting liposuction like results. Again, this is for those lookng to shed a few inches, those close to goal, or those trying to squeeze into a slightly smaller pair of pants.

Now...I saw abnormal results. I am the "poster child" for the facility I went to. They made comments like mad that they do NOT see results like what I had. I went in with 54' lower abdominals. I weighed 240-ish at the time. They advised against me doing it, but a friend of mine had bought me the package as a "kudos" reward. So, I wasn't out anything but time. I did it. By the end of my 10 sessions, and 5 week period, I left with 42' lower abdominals. Yes, I was dieting and exercising. Yes, that probably made a difference in how many inches I lost. However, I had been keeping track of those numbers and this procedure DRAMATICALLY assisted me in losing more inches than I would have been able to do on my own. You will NOT have results like what I saw, exceptionally if you weigh as much as I did and was as large as I was. Plain and simple, I am the "gimmick" they sell, the 1% that had the awesome change. That being said, you will see a change, but look at roughly 1/10 of an inch per session on average. Ask yourself, is it worth the money to lose maybe an inch in 5 weeks?

thethinwhiteduke 01-02-2014 02:01 PM

thats really helpful information, thank you so much.

i can definitely consider it for some sculpting and adjusting a few trouble spots but i think i will wait until more weight is lost before doing it.

thanks for your insights!