Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #1  

Talking One week out :)

Tomorrow marks one week since my sleeve surgery It hasn't been bad at all! The afternoon/night after my surgery I did get sick and that is no fun lol. Dry heaving with your stomach having being cut on = no fun! It only happened 3 times so at least it wasn't more than that. I knew that I came back from surgeries fast and it was the same for this one. I got up and walked that afternoon after my surgery when I wasn't sleeping. I'm not sure if it was the anastesia or what but it knocked me on my butt lol. I couldn't wake up! Even 3 days after I was so sleepy. I even fell asleep on the doctor lol. Thank goodness my mom was there with me! I've been home since Saturday (I stayed a night at my mom's) and I've been having a pain on my right side. I looked at a diagram of the body and saw that my stomach is more on the left side/middle of my body and this is more on the right. So I don't think it's that but i'm not sure what it is. Has anyone had this problem? It feels like there is something on the inside scraping me on the inside right there lol. I get my staples out tomorrow (ya they used staples...not sure why they didn't use butterfly's) and i'm going to ask them about it. Anywho, can't wait to post my official loss So excited!!!
christyk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats on the successfulk surgery! Can't wait to see your "official" loss results. I look forwardto the day I can say, "One week out..."
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Deltawifey View Post
I'm not sure if they used staples on me, they went in through my belly button and that was my only incision. I guess i will find out later this week what all is in my belly button because it looks like it's tape in there or some glue. I was sleeved a day before you and I don't have any pain. I slept on my stomach last night. My incision is itching though. It seems like us sleevers are taking over lol
I had 5 small incisions and they put staples but idk lol. I think once they take the staples out I'll sleep on my stomach again lol. I was nervous I'd roll over on it cause I'm a side stomach sleeper. My incision's have been itching also lol. And ya we are!!

And Kate thanks!! I can't wait either!! One more day When is your surgery? Or are you waiting on a date?
Old 10-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I am still waiting for a date. Hoping for sometime before the year end, as hubby and I have met any and all possible insurance deductibles and co-pays.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #5  

Hopefully so! That way you don't have to redo everything with your insurance! That would stink! I hope you get it soon cause it'll be the best Christmas present ever
Old 11-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 213/205/130

Height: 5-3 3/4

Congrats on your surgery, Christy! Sounds like you're doing fabulous!
Jewelrydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:08 PM   #7  

Default Congrats!

Hope all is well. I have my surgery in June!, will watch what u do closely! Let me know any tips
Rileygator is offline   Reply With Quote