Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/320/280

Height: 6'0 Feet

Question How can I help bounce back skin?

I have no false perception of what to come ahead as I lose weight. I am trying to take it slow so my skin can adjust to the changes my body goes through as I lose fat. My only problem is that I am clueless when it comes to skin care. The most I know is that keeping hydrated and vitamin E will help my skin stay healthy. I also have cocoa butter but the smell and the texture of it kinda gross me out. Can anyone give me some advice of steps I can take to help my skin bounce back as I lose weight?

Thank You
NoPainNoLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Time. I use coconut oil and it seems to help... but honestly, time is the only thing that makes a noticeable difference. My stomach is my skin problem area. It looks 100x better now than it did 2 years ago and I weigh about the same.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 318.5/301/180

Height: 5'6

I had surgery may 3rd. I'm starting now with trying to care for my skin
I Just don't know if its working because I haven't lost a significant amount of weight yet. But I've Been dry brushing before my shower. Then I exfoliate in the shower. Then I've Been using oils and firming creams afterwards. Ive been using products that contain coconut oil. I bought actual coconut oil but I haven't used it yet.
2Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

Some people have told me that making sure to get enough calcium will help - but there's only so much that ANY strategy will do. Just keep in mind that it's much healthier to have excess skin than to have excess fat - it's sometimes hard to remember that point when you look in the mirror and it looks like your body has melted into a pile of wrinkles and folds! !

Last edited by jiffypop; 06-27-2013 at 08:49 AM.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote